Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magicnymph said:
I would.But then I fudge things all the time...but then I would probably adjust the number of rounds of straight knit rounds to adjust the length of the toe so that it will stay at 2 inches.
thank you. That's all I needed.
I deleted.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
GrumpyGramma said:
nvm = never mind . I wish people would leave the original question instead of editing it out. It's confusing.
absolutely! if the question occurred to one of us, there are probably more of us with the same question...even if you got your answer, leave it so the rest of us can profit...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
deemail said:
absolutely! if the question occurred to one of us, there are probably more of us with the same question...even if you got your answer, leave it so the rest of us can profit...thanks in advance.
Yeah. I agree. I've gotten answers to questions before I needed to ask because someone else did and I read the question and responses. Star toes aren't something I do but sometimes I can find helpful links for someone else.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Star Toe Directions for Knitting Socks:

Star Toe knitting socks customization.This toe shaping is worked with the stitches divided evenly onto four needles with a fifth needle as a working needle. The shaping can be lengthened by adding more plain rounds between the decrease rounds or shortened by working the decreases on every round.

Work until the foot measures the desired total length less the toe shaping, ending at the seam line.
Shape the toe as follows:
Round 1: *Knit to last 2 sts of needle, k2tog; rep from * 3 more times-4 stitches decreased.
Round 2: Knit.
Repeat Rounds 1 and 2 a total of 6 times, then rep Round 1 (decrease every round) until about 8 stitches remain.
To finish, cut the yarn, leaving a 10″ (25.5 cm) tail. Thread tail on a tapestry needle, draw through rem sts, pull tight to close hole, and fasten off on WS.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the original question was star toe intrucions are for 60 stitches. she had 64 stitches. should she decrease these 4 stitches out before followng the directions. with a link to the star toe as published on kp by sockitome ( sorry I'm not good with names )

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
silkandwool said:
Star Toe Directions for Knitting Socks:

Star Toe knitting socks customization.This toe shaping is worked with the stitches divided evenly onto four needles with a fifth needle as a working needle. The shaping can be lengthened by adding more plain rounds between the decrease rounds or shortened by working the decreases on every round.

Work until the foot measures the desired total length less the toe shaping, ending at the seam line.
Shape the toe as follows:
Round 1: *Knit to last 2 sts of needle, k2tog; rep from * 3 more times-4 stitches decreased.
Round 2: Knit.
Repeat Rounds 1 and 2 a total of 6 times, then rep Round 1 (decrease every round) until about 8 stitches remain.
To finish, cut the yarn, leaving a 10″ (25.5 cm) tail. Thread tail on a tapestry needle, draw through rem sts, pull tight to close hole, and fasten off on WS.
I have done this technique. I wasn't aware it had a name. ????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom