Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:
It's me Oahugirl checking in and letting you all know that I stopped knitting that baby blanket using the Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn. I was about 1/3 done when my nail snagged the yarn and just started to rip. I will go to Michael's tomorrow and get some yarn that is easier to work with for this baby blanket. My ideas were great though for embroidering two alphabet blocks with baby's initials AJ. Well, no worries I'm not giving up but that newborn will probably be in college when I finish...lol :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
Oahugrl said:
Hi Everyone:
It's me Oahugirl checking in and letting you all know that I stopped knitting that baby blanket using the Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn. I was about 1/3 done when my nail snagged the yarn and just started to rip. I will go to Michael's tomorrow and get some yarn that is easier to work with for this baby blanket. My ideas were great though for embroidering two alphabet blocks with baby's initials AJ. Well, no worries I'm not giving up but that newborn will probably be in college when I finish...lol :roll:
Hi Oahugrl
I too cannot work with Baby Clouds. Don't like it at all. I made a baby blanket in 4ply worsted weight and cross stitched a train and my grandson's name on it. Then I hand sewed fleece to the back to cover up the cross stitching. Then I crocheted around the edges to make it look nice.

LCGRIL
Linda (Sebastian-Fla)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
LCGIRL said:
Oahugrl said:
Hi Everyone:
It's me Oahugirl checking in and letting you all know that I stopped knitting that baby blanket using the Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn. I was about 1/3 done when my nail snagged the yarn and just started to rip. I will go to Michael's tomorrow and get some yarn that is easier to work with for this baby blanket. My ideas were great though for embroidering two alphabet blocks with baby's initials AJ. Well, no worries I'm not giving up but that newborn will probably be in college when I finish...lol :roll:
Hi Oahugrl
I too cannot work with Baby Clouds. Don't like it at all. I made a baby blanket in 4ply worsted weight and cross stitched a train and my grandson's name on it. Then I hand sewed fleece to the back to cover up the cross stitching. Then I crocheted around the edges to make it look nice.

LCGRIL
Linda (Sebastian-Fla)
Sorry - actual it wasn't cross stitched (I just used a cross stitch pattern to follow) it was done in duplicate stitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I hope all of you have written to the manufacturer of baby clouds and told them of your disappointment in there yarn. That is the only way they know they have a bad product. And if you all let them know they will get the idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I crocheted a baby blanket with Baby Clouds/ It was a pain. I was also a pattern that I use often with other baby yarn. I thought it was just me. I can't imagine knitting with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,804 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with Baby Cloud yarns. I have made several crocheted Baptismal Blankets for my church. What is the problem? The yarn I really have trouble with is LB Homespun, which everyone else seem to love. Maybe its just me being contrary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I really like the LB Homespun also....it's my first choice for a baby blanket. I mix it with another yarn to make a unique color combination, then just do a garter stitch rectangle on size 15 or 17 needles to the desired length. The homespun yarn has a silkiness, or "slinkiness" that I just love the feel of mixed in with another yarn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
Grandma Laurie said:
I had bought the Baby Clouds yarn a while back and ended up tearing the project out and throwing the yarn away. It was very hard to work with. I won't buy it again.
Welcome to the wonderful world of knitting.

Might I make a suggestion about yarn, quality, the consumer and the company. Send Clarks, which makes Red Heart yarn, an e-mail and tell them of your dissatisfaction with this particular product and why. Companies do listen and in many instances change their products when consumers complain, politely. I have done this any number of times and it has worked in every case. Remember, the pen, and in this case e-mail, is mighter than the sword. Your comments do not end up in the dead file, they are actually read because no company wants it known their product is of poor quality and people won't purchase it.

Happy knitting. :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,519 Posts
Oahugrl said:
Hi Everyone:
It's me Oahugirl checking in and letting you all know that I stopped knitting that baby blanket using the Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn. I was about 1/3 done when my nail snagged the yarn and just started to rip. I will go to Michael's tomorrow and get some yarn that is easier to work with for this baby blanket. My ideas were great though for embroidering two alphabet blocks with baby's initials AJ. Well, no worries I'm not giving up but that newborn will probably be in college when I finish...lol :roll:
I look at the yarn on the shelf & then the memories of it come flooding back. I slowly turn on my heel & then RUN! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I do complain about products of any kind but i also call the company when i find a product i really like. the company in return usually will respond with coupons or free products sent to the house.
when i run into a skein of yarn that is not right, like knots, other yarn mixed in or just not right, keep the mistake and then email or write to the company, telling them what is the matter, that you have the bad product, how many skeins and give them the color and product number and the upc codes off the yarn. they will email you back in a couple of days. also include your name and mailing address, and phone number. Do be POLITE and tell them that you use their other products and mention them. that way they know you are not just trying to get free products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
How do you cross stitch on a knitted project...love the idea, just finishing up a blanket for my grandson to be born early July and would love to put his name. I think I know how to do it freehand but afraid it would look a little messy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
How do you cross stitch on a knitted project...love the idea, just finishing up a blanket for my grandson to be born early July and would love to put his name. I think I know how to do it freehand but afraid it would look a little messy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,519 Posts
OLDKNITTER said:
I do complain about products of any kind but i also call the company when i find a product i really like. the company in return usually will respond with coupons or free products sent to the house.
when i run into a skein of yarn that is not right, like knots, other yarn mixed in or just not right, keep the mistake and then email or write to the company, telling them what is the matter, that you have the bad product, how many skeins and give them the color and product number and the upc codes off the yarn. they will email you back in a couple of days. also include your name and mailing address, and phone number. Do be POLITE and tell them that you use their other products and mention them. that way they know you are not just trying to get free products.
That's a very good idea. I used to do this when I was a younger person & I did, indeed, get many free items. In fact, just yesterday, I went back to my cell phone service provider because this is my 2nd phone in as many months & it's broken. I expressed my frustration with the product & altho it was hard, I was polite. I walked out of the store with not only a new phone, but, a free upgraded one!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom