Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55,107 Posts
Learning to knit and now learning to crochet have definitely kept me sane and hopefully will keep on doing just that as both my son and husband are seriously ill . I know they have helped while in hospital waiting rooms and by bedsides
Look forward to seeing your shawl and hope you can get back to work soon

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Swedenme said:
Learning to knit and now learning to crochet have definitely kept me sane and hopefully will keep on doing just that as both my son and husband are seriously ill . I know they have helped while in hospital waiting rooms and by bedsides
Look forward to seeing your shawl and hope you can get back to work soon
Very sorry tomhear about you family.????????

Knitting keeps me sane. I also,stay up way to late knitting.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Prayers for your family. I know your stress must be off the charts. Until almost the last my knitting kept me going. Eventually nothing does. Hope your "boys" get well soon.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Prayers for your family. I know your stress must be off the charts. Until almost the last my knitting kept me going. Eventually nothing does. Hope your "boys" get well soon.

·
Registered
21,891 Posts
Sorry for the illness in your family. I do understand how knitting and crochet can be a big help in cases like this. It helped me when my husband was ill and also after he died.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
So sorry to hear about your husband and son. I hope they are now on the road to recovery and will be 100% soon. Keep on knitting to maintain your sanity and provide you with some relief and comfort. Prayers coming your way.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Prayers for your family. Knitting kept me sane while I stayed two months straight in the hospital and rehab with my elderly mom. I would make prayer shawls, finish it and hand it to patients on mom's floor. I tried to find ones with little to no visitors. It kept me focused on service to others and out of stinky thinking that always leads me to self pity, anger and resentment. The nurses caught on and would point out other patients who needed attention. I even made a baby blanket for a nurse in her first pregnancy after 18 years of marriage. My DH would get my Joann coupons and keep me stocked. He also learned to shop the Wal-Mart clearance. We were hospitalized from February 23 and came home April 23. Lots of time to knit. It gave me peace and pleasure to touch someone else. Mom was so understanding...she would send me out to check on her neighbors on the ward even though she was so seriously ill. I wish you the same peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom