Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your personal most favorite stitch? I like checkerboard or rib (do a lot of rib scarves, boring I know, but I find the repetition relaxing.) Anything new that anyone is willing to share?

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm too intimidated to do cables, they look tricky, but it is something I'd like to master. Maybe when I retire and have enough time. In 25 years....

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Oh, dear - can't narrow it down that much! In knit, I like cables. I like lace. I like knit/purl texture patterns. I like colorwork (almost all of it!). I like garter stitch. I like stocking stitch. I pretty much like any stitch!!

About the only thing I don't like is using slip stitch to create colour work. Like, where you knit a row with one colour, then use the second colour but slip some of the stitches on the first row, then use the first colour again but slip the stitches done in the second row/colour... I can't think of a pattern example at the moment, because I avoid them, lol... I'm also not fond of duplicate stitch for creating pictures on knitting...

I don't mind some of the slip stitch patterns for texture, where you only use the one colour of yarn.

In crochet, I guess I'm the same way - I like them all!! I like the basic stitches, I like the shells, I like the V stitches, I like the bobbles and popcorns and clusters. I even like Tunisian crochet! :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
you need to see both sides of the sand stitch pattern / one side looks like a rib and the resverse looks like the pcture posted / i am using this stitch for a baby alpaca sweater which i will put together so that it can be worn "inside out"
galaxycraft said:
http://www.knitting-bee.com/knitting-pattern-treasury/knit-purl-combinations/sand-stitch-knitting-pattern

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
books said:
I'm too intimidated to do cables, they look tricky, but it is something I'd like to master. Maybe when I retire and have enough time. In 25 years....
You don't need to retire to learn cables. You can learn them in 5 minutes of less. They are one of the simplest stitches.
I like tent stitch, and, of course, entrelac.

·
Registered
52,691 Posts
books said:
Thanks, everybody! Maybe I'll try cables for my next scarf!
Well in that case go to the link under this post. One of the KP workshops is 3 scarves for Christmas (not sure of the exact title). The third one has a simple cable in it and includes information as to how do the cable. Closed workshops can be read, you just can't ask questions through them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Sand Stitch looks like a nice one to use for a washcloth. Does it curl and therefore need a border?
Thank you in advance for your reply-- we are on the road and I may not be back here for a while.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom