Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us use battery powered or electronic type toothbrushes with changeable heads. Oral-B has colored rings which can be attached to the brush heads to distinguish his, hers, theirs, etc. These colored rings make great stitch ring markers and fit up to a #15 needle.

So brush your teeth and grab the colored rings for your next knitting project.

Happy knitting. :-D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think you should win some sort of Environmental Protection Award for this one! Talk about recycling! I love it!
Thanks for sharing!
Donna Victoria
VictoriaCrochet.etsy.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
While visiting my daughter, I realized I'd forgotten to bring my stitch markers. Her town didn't have a yarn store, but they had a small craft store with bead and jewelry supplies. I bought a pack of jumper rings. one in gold and one in silver colored metal. They were extremely inexpensive and work wonderfully. Love them on large lace projects.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Becca said:
Many of us use battery powered or electronic type toothbrushes with changeable heads. Oral-B has colored rings which can be attached to the brush heads to distinguish his, hers, theirs, etc. These colored rings make great stitch ring markers and fit up to a #15 needle.

So brush your teeth and grab the colored rings for your next knitting project.

Happy knitting. :-D
I use snall safety pins sometimes I hang a bead from them to mark them

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I've used the colored rings from elec. toothbrushes for years. As soon as I buy a new package of brushes, I grab out the rings before hubby even sees them. We have separate baths so we don't need to mark ours. One of my friends saw me using them on a project and asked if they were toothbrush rings. After givining me ones she had saved, she now gives me any new ones she gets too.
I have a blouse with brass rings sewn on in a patterned design...I will be cutting those off for knitting when finished with the blouse.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
What I really like is the small rubber bands used by people who have braces. The bands are small and work very well on fine knitting. I have a son who had braces so have plenty on hand but I know you can buy them very reasonably at a orthodontist office.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good idea.I have also used the pontail holders.They have them in small rubberbands and the bigger ones.I end up buying more when my granddaughters get them for their hair.
I have also got some of the rubber rings from the plumbing dept also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was a pack rat many years before the 'green' movement. I never threw anything away, that could possibly used for rainy day crafts, or the elementary school. So, when ever I thew away an old bra, I would cut the hooks and eyes, 'sliders' and the rings off and keep them in the 'nails and screws' holder that I use for needles, pins, thimbles, elastic etc. The rings are different colours and the same size as the plastic ones from the yarn shops.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I love all these ideas and they sound like fun... I will be looking at things a bit differently from now on... I would love a altnernative to the tips that go on our DPN's... the rubber ones I have drag against my clothes and sometimes pop off.... or they are hard to remove each time I change to the next needle... any ideas????

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom