Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find straight needles that combine a sharp tip (important) and a shaft that grips slippery yarn without grabbing the yarn too much. Have checked on knit-picks and Handsome Fibers, but could not find anything. I am not too fond of woods or bamboo as I feel they grab too much as they wear down over time. What I would really like, I think, would be Karbonz in straights ( I do have the circulars and enjoy working them). I have seen the DPNs but not the straights. Has anyone seen or know of needles like these? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tammy

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
Roses and cats said:
I am trying to find straight needles that combine a sharp tip (important) and a shaft that grips slippery yarn without grabbing the yarn too much. Have checked on knit-picks and Handsome Fibers, but could not find anything. I am not too fond of woods or bamboo as I feel they grab too much as they wear down over time. What I would really like, I think, would be Karbonz in straights ( I do have the circulars and enjoy working them). I have seen the DPNs but not the straights. Has anyone seen or know of needles like these? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tammy
If you have the Karbonz circular why not just use them? I got rid of all my straight needles, and only use circs.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dragonfly7673 said:
Signature Needle Arts works like this but the needles can be pricey. I can't look it up right now though as apparently the security software at work has decided it's a "dating" site. LOL
Thank you for the website, I will take a look. I think that it is funny that the security software where you work thinks that it is a dating website. :sm02:

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
I think it is fine for you to want straight, not circular, needles.... You are going to get lots of responses probably about "why not just use your circulars".....
You do not have to justify why you want them but it might help some understand.... and it's okay if the answer is "just because"

Do you want a particular length of straights .... like 14" or 16"? That would be important to know if people are going to be looking for them....

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
fergablu2 said:
My husband's work computer thinks Ravelry is a social media site, and won't link.
Work used to block Ravelry as social media or dating... but there must have been a knitter in IT because within 24 hours, it would get unblocked until the next update. Now it seems to stay unblocked but I always wondered who was getting it re-opened :)

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
knit4ES said:
I think it is fine for you to want straight, not circular, needles.... You are going to get lots of responses probably about "why not just use your circulars".....
You do not have to justify why you want them but it might help some understand.... and it's okay if the answer is "just because"

Do you want a particular length of straights .... like 14" or 16"? That would be important to know if people are going to be looking for them....
Thank you...I am looking for 7, 10 inch in lengths.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
knit4ES said:
[/quote

I knit with long straight needles,the right hand needle tucked in at my waist.Circular needles would cut my speed disasterously.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
Roses and cats said:

Tammy
Agree! I LOVE my Karbonz! I found the least expensive price on Amazon. I have Amazon Prime, so no shipping fees. Often I see used prices on many items???

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Just be careful if you order from Amazon. Was just on there this AM wanting to buy the inter-changeables. From the comments I read the needles guarantee is voided if the needles are not bought at a yarn store. No product is perfect and mistakes happen in manufacturing so for me Amazon is a no-go. I guess it's "buyer beware".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom