Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the stretchy bind off for my Painted Desert Lace Shawl. The pattern only states bind off loosely, I'm not sure this "stretchy bind off" is right for the shawl.It is loose but I'm just not sure if it's the way I want it to look. When I block the shawl will the bind off look better? Or would any of you suggest another style bind off. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
litprincesstwo said:
I'm using the stretchy bind off for my Painted Desert Lace Shawl. The pattern only states bind off loosely, I'm not sure this "stretchy bind off" is right for the shawl.It is loose but I'm just not sure if it's the way I want it to look. When I block the shawl will the bind off look better? Or would any of you suggest another style bind off. Thanks!
Look this up on You Tube "Grandma's Favorite Bind Off (Loose Bind Off) . Have always found this to be perfect

:thumbup:

·
Registered
31,234 Posts
I like to use the crochet bind off. It makes a neat edge. Use the size crochet hook that is mate to the needle size, such as a size 8 needle and a G hook. If you have a needle size gauge the shaft of the crochet hook should go through the hole with the needle size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom