Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Probably a lace elastic. Like... K1,K2tog, YO...

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
knit 2, purl 2 on an uneven number of stitches is what I use for preemie hats. They are very stretchy If there is a pattern after the rib, just decrease 1 stitch so you are back on an even number of stitches. It doesn't look right until you have done about 5 rows. just make sure it is divisible by 4 and add one stitch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
K1, P1, on an odd number of stitches is called a broken rib. It makes beautiful preemie hats. For a picture google "Danny's hat." --done on straight needles. When I tried it using magic loop method it came out different because it was being knit on a spiral but still very pretty. It is one of my favorite stitches for preemie hats. Very stretchy and really beautiful. You won't see the pattern until you've done a few rows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom