Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are yo's in row one which is the right side of the work.
2nd row is all purl but I can't figure out how do you "purl yo's through the back loop"
Can anybody describe to me how that is done?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
81,186 Posts
I'm guessing the stitch pattern is more textured than lacy/holey.
You will be twisting the yo to close it. Just grab the stretched-out back 'leg' of the stitch and purl it. It may seem like a contortionists' job, but it's do-able. You'll have to place your right-hand needle behind the left and pointing in the same direction - parallel. Then you purl that yo. Try it slowly.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
When purling through back loop. You will be twisting the YO so there won't be much of a hole like there usually is when doing a YO. To purl tbl, you want to place your needle from the back all the way around the back leg of the yo (left side of the leg, to the front, then purl. You will be almost purling it from the back side to the front. Hope this makes sense. There should be a video on youtube.com if it still is confusing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom