Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first question posted was answered (hooray!) and I was able to continue my project. Unfortunately, I'm stuck again. Can someone tell me what this means:

"Break yarn, thread through rem sts, pull up and secure."

I've already cut the yarn, but there are 4 sts on my needle, and I am unsure how they want me to thread them through. It seems so different than when there is only one stitch left on the needle and you pull the yarn through the last stitch to secure it.
Eagerly awaiting a response in the hopes of continuing knitting!

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Yes, it does mean to pull it through all 4 stitches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the answer! Now I can confidently continue knitting. You KP folks are the absolute best with answering questions. I've learned a massive amount from looking at many previous knitters' questions and their responses. This really is a superb website. I'm so glad my sister-in-law hooked me up with all of you geniuses!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I have these instructions in the animals I knit - especially for their heads.
I break the yarn, leaving enough of a tail to stitch the head to the body.
There are two ways you can thread the yarn through - either thread it into a darning needle and slide the needle through the stitches, then pull the thread through or use a crochet hook to pull it through. I started using the darning needle method but always managed to catch a small piece of the stitch on the knitting needle which made it darned near impossible to pull the stitches tight, so I started using the crochet hook. I hold the knitting needle with the remaining stitches in my right hand and use the crochet hook (also held in my right hand) to pull the yarn through the first stitch, then slide that stitch off the needle. Continue all the way through to the last stitch. Once you have the thread though the stitches, I then use the tip of the knitting needle to pull the stitch loose off the thread that is pulled through. I go along the line and once I get to the "end" I then pull the thread tail and the stitches will pull tight.

Hamihogs said:
My first question posted was answered (hooray!) and I was able to continue my project. Unfortunately, I'm stuck again. Can someone tell me what this means:

"Break yarn, thread through rem sts, pull up and secure."

I've already cut the yarn, but there are 4 sts on my needle, and I am unsure how they want me to thread them through. It seems so different than when there is only one stitch left on the needle and you pull the yarn through the last stitch to secure it.
Eagerly awaiting a response in the hopes of continuing knitting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom