Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,301 Posts
knitter1952 said:
I am trying to find a yarn to substitute for Malabrigo Arroyo in color 64 Chispas. It's a gorgeous yarn but out of my price range. It's a superwash merino blend, I think. Any ideas?
Have you checked e-bay? You would be amazed at what you can find there. You may even find the Malabrigo yarn at a reduced price.

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
J-Jean said:
I would see if WEBS carries the original yarn. Often at the bottom of the page, WEBS will offer similar yarns that will work in a multitude of price ranges.
Checked the website, no luck. So I called customer service and received a user-not-friendly person. Moved on.

Thank you, though, for your suggestion. People here on KP are so very helpful!

· Registered
1,253 Posts
knitter1952 said:
I am trying to find a yarn to substitute for Malabrigo Arroyo in color 64 Chispas. It's a gorgeous yarn but out of my price range. It's a superwash merino blend, I think. Any ideas?
That yarn is not as expensive as it looks,,,a skein is $18, but it is 335 yards!!!!! you can find it at WEBS YARNS

· Registered
6,264 Posts
Yes, check the gauge and be sure the yarn you use will duplicate the gauge given in the pattern. A swatch of 20 stitches and 20 rows knitted in the pattern given should be able to guarantee the correct size and is worth doing. You may have to adjust needle size, depending on the yarn you use. Good luck and happy knitting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom