Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quiet past being a beginner.

I have one skein of merino/silk from Critter Ranch which is 4 oz., 183 yards. It's really soft and I picked it up at a community fair just because it felt good.

I think it's 2 ply and sorta reminds me of an acrylic worsted weight.

What can I do with it?

·
Registered
11,991 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
For more ideas, see if your local library has any of the "One Skein Wonders" books (there are several) by Judith Durant. Of course the term "one skein" is generally meaningless since skeins vary by yarn type and length--but there are some really nice patterns in these books. Good luck!

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I have kicked myself a few times for only buying 1 skein of yarn that I fell in love with.. the last one is over 400yds and of course everything I want to make with it is more than that.. and I thought I was in the clear with this one.. from now on I will always buy 2 skeins... I am sure you will find some great uses for your yarn...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Try checking their website for free one skein patterns using it...
Cmisty2001 said:
Not quiet past being a beginner.

I have one skein of merino/silk from Critter Ranch which is 4 oz., 183 yards. It's really soft and I picked it up at a community fair just because it felt good.

I think it's 2 ply and sorta reminds me of an acrylic worsted weight.

What can I do with it?
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ronie said:
I have kicked myself a few times for only buying 1 skein of yarn that I fell in love with.. the last one is over 400yds and of course everything I want to make with it is more than that.. and I thought I was in the clear with this one.. from now on I will always buy 2 skeins... I am sure you will find some great uses for your yarn...
I got tickled at your remark about always buying two skeins, "just in case". That, my friend, is how stashes are born ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom