Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at the used store beside my work today. Thought it was a good deal, still do. $1.00 per ball.

9 balls

Patons Rustic Wool
20 sts=10cm/4inches on 4 1/2 mm needles(u.s. size 7) needles
205 yards
Hand wash. Dry flat.
Net weight 3 1/2 ounces.

100% pure virgin wool

Made in Canada

So my question is, does anyone have suggestions on what to make? I love the color but it is kind of itchy. Will it soften any when washed?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Attachments

· Registered
10,915 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
I knit almost entirely with virgin wool. Love the feel and it does felt beautifully. That amount would make a great vest with cables or fancy work. When I block my wool items, I soak them in room temp water and add a cap of hair conditioner (organic or natural based ingredients only), then rinse without agitating too much, squeeze out gently by rolling in a towel, and then block to desired shape. Try all this on a small swatch first!

· Registered
22 Posts
I knit almost entirely with virgin wool. Love the feel and it does felt beautifully. That amount would make a great vest with cables or fancy work. When I block my wool items, I soak them in room temp water and add a cap of hair conditioner (organic or natural based ingredients only), then rinse without agitating too much, squeeze out gently by rolling in a towel, and then block to desired shape. Try all this on a small swatch first!

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for your suggestions, a nice warm sweater/jacket sounds good.

Was wondering if I could knit for the troops with it? thought I saw a post once about making wool items for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom