Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with super chunky chenille yarn for a really large throw & am looking for a way to join the yarn _ it can't be stranded for a Russian join & is too thick for any of the knots & will be extremely difficult to stitch the ends given how chenille is made - does anyone have any experience & can recommend a method

·
Premium Member
19,342 Posts
I'm working with super chunky chenille yarn for a really large throw & am looking for a way to join the yarn _ it can't be stranded for a Russian join & is too thick for any of the knots & will be extremely difficult to stitch the ends given how chenille is made - does anyone have any experience & can recommend a method
I would never just stitch the ends of any yarn. I would overlap them and then stitch them together. if you compress the ends while stitching it should not be too thick except for maybe a couple of stitches. The best way would be to join at one of the sides so you can hide the tails in the edges.

·
Super Moderator
82,320 Posts
Here is a good video link that will show you how to join chunky chenille yarn.
(66) Nearly Seamless Chenille Yarn Join - YouTube

If the above link doesn't help, here is a link to a list of other videos on joining chunky chenille yarn. You may need to watch a few minutes of several videos to decide which method you want to use.
(66) joining super chunky chenille yarn - YouTube
Perfect timing!!!
I like that first link just fine.
Hereabouts, the secondhand stores bag up yarns so that, if there are six balls of a single colour dyelot, the put one or two in a bag accompanied by several unlabelled partial balls. Wanting all six, I end up bringing home loads more yarn than I really wanted.
So, my stash has gradually accumulated a bunch of that chunky chenille ‘yarn’ in an assortment of colours. I’ve been wondering about how best to use them, or if I should just re-donate them.
Genius idea how to join them!!
Thank you 🙏

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top Bottom