Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
OH WOW, for a knitter who wants to learn to crochet better (than just flowers to attach or edging to join squares, or edging on an afghan - single/double crochet stitches), this is fantastic help ! Thank you a bunch.
:sm02: :sm02:

·
Registered
12,051 Posts
Great idea, and so easy!! Will have to remember this one.
I'm working on an afghan with 153 chains to start. I didn't have to join, so no twisting problem but I have trouble keeping count of so many stitches. My solution was to place a small pin in every 10th chain and was able to count by 10's instead of every one. My thought was. "Why didn't I think of this 50 years ago?"

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
That is so cool. Thanks for posting this. I was thinking that you could probably keep that first stitch on the hook even though you don't have to join. If you have to crochet back along the chains, they will be kept straight. I absolutely loved seeing this. I'm 73 and still learning new tricks. Thanks, again, for posting this.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
So simple - an AHA moment for sure - also a DUH moment - I had never thought of that as I am sure so many of us crocheters have not...
Thank you so much for the link.... it is brilliant.... :sm24: :sm24: :sm24: :sm24:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom