Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished and mailed a sweater for a niece. It's a Plymouth pattern, number 1720.

http://www.plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=cYarn.yarnDetail&yarnid=001045&searchcollection=000005&pattern_id=002415#pattern-tab

I made the sweater for myself a couple years ago and used Lion Brand Woolease. My niece's sweater is made from Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. She lives in Carlsbad, NM, so figured the mostly cotton yarn would work best. Because the yarn produced a different gauge, I had to work a different size than she would normally wear. The sweater is loose and swingy-- but sweaters knit from the top down (or bottom up, for that matter) without side seams are more less structured.

I have a whole lot of the yarn, so think I will make a pullover with what is left. I will have to look at the pattern that I'm considering and check the gauge and how much yarn is required.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
That makes a wonderful little jacket sweater for summer and the soft blue will go with so many things. I think your yarn choice was excellent for her climate , even if you did have to make some adjustments. Great knitting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom