Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Hello and welcome from Australia.
When you get the length you want for your sleeve, you cast off x number of stitches (whatever the pattern says) at the beginning of the next two rows, then k2 tog each end of every alternate row. Youtube will have videos of this I am sure, just google raglan sleeves.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If you do not mind paying for help Craftsy.com has some classes that show you how to do raglan. I purchased the one called lace cardigan and it is very good. I have not yet begun to knit the sweater as I want to watch the class through first.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You might also try going to a local arts and crafts store with your project. There is generally an education coordinator there who will be happy to show you how to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's exactly it. I usually cast/bind off two or three stitches at each end to fit under the armpit and then cast off 1 stitch at each end of the the right side rows until I have the right number of stitches at thh neck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom