Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My little grandson was watching me knit one day and asked me how come I had never knit anything for him. I asked him what he would like me to knit and he immediately asked for a sweater with a rainbow on it. I have been looking for a pattern for him, but have been unable to locate one. can anyone help?
thanks so much
Jean

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
I just did some checking and when you look for "rainbow sweater" you get very colorful sweaters. I assume you are looking for a sweater pattern with an arch type rainbow. I haven't found one. Good luck, maybe someone on here can help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is what I am looking for, a pattern with an actual rainbow in it. I thought about trying to cross stitch onto a sweater, but not sure I am talented enough for that. I am not too sure about my ability to knit a sweater with a rainbow either, but I am going to give it a try , if I can find a pattern.
thank you for looking
Jean

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
It is a Wendy pattern 2824. I have , unfortunately, had it for many years but I would think it is the sort of thing that could be found on e bay. It is designed by Joy Gammon. She did a lot of children's patterns. A book of her patterns again could possibly contain something that could be modified.

·
Registered
396 Posts
jeanurse said:
Hi all
My little grandson was watching me knit one day and asked me how come I had never knit anything for him. I asked him what he would like me to knit and he immediately asked for a sweater with a rainbow on it. I have been looking for a pattern for him, but have been unable to locate one. can anyone help?
thanks so much
Jean
You can find clipart of a rainbow that you like and use this program to make a grid--here's one I made:
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom