Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sweater is for grandson #2. :0) The pattern is from the book Knitted Sweaters and More. The pattern name is "Sam's Delight". It's a top down sweater, but not a raglan. No sewing! I used Hobby Lobby's "Love This Yarn", sport weight. It is a nice yarn. I like that and Lion brand Wool Ease for making the kids sweaters.
The ruffle skirt is one of 3 I'm making. It's a purchased pattern from Knockout Kreations. I thought the pattern worked up nicely. I used Red Heart supersaver for the skirt and Paton's Piroutte for the lace. The directions on the ruffle yarn say to hand wash and lay flat to dry. Well, I know that's not going to happen. So...I'm sending a garment bag with the skirt. I think it will keep the ruffles from getting snagged in the laundry. Then they should be able to let the skirt air dry.

Attachments

· Registered
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
christiliz said:
The sweater is for grandson #2. :0) The pattern is from the book Knitted Sweaters and More. The pattern name is "Sam's Delight". It's a top down sweater, but not a raglan. No sewing! I used Hobby Lobby's "Love This Yarn", sport weight. It is a nice yarn. I like that and Lion brand Wool Ease for making the kids sweaters.
The ruffle skirt is one of 3 I'm making. It's a purchased pattern from Knockout Kreations. I thought the pattern worked up nicely. I used Red Heart supersaver for the skirt and Paton's Piroutte for the lace. The directions on the ruffle yarn say to hand wash and lay flat to dry. Well, I know that's not going to happen. So...I'm sending a garment bag with the skirt. I think it will keep the ruffles from getting snagged in the laundry. Then they should be able to let the skirt air dry.
Oops...The book is Kids Knitted Sweaters and More

· Registered
249 Posts
Wow - G girls are going to love love love their ruffled skirts when they go to school sports events and then there is Iowa Hawkeyes, GB Packers, Broncos and who ever else their folks follow. Just ordered the pattern and I already have the Starbella yarns. Going to see if I can modify for leggings it's cold in Iowa that's why I'm in FL :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom