Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a knitter for many years and still love it. I have taught knitting ti friends, family and also taught knitting as a job. Believe it or not, I do nit remember how to pick up stitches from knitted stitches. I know it is done on the right side, but do I pick up from left to right or right to left? I'm glad I found a website for knitting since I have been looking for awhile now. It's nice to be among such ngood knitters and I am glad that I'm here. Hope you can help me with my question regarding picking up stitches. T
hanks for your advice and help in advance.

sweetlu29

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! I only found this site about a week ago myself.

The instructions I have had experience with say to start picking up stitches with the right side of the work facing you and working from right to left. I don't know if that would be different if you are a left-handed knitter.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Try googling to find how-to-videos of any technique you like (something like picking up knitting stitches video for this one). YouTube has an endless supply to help you with anything you need--and seeing a demonstration is so very helpful---almost as good as having a knitting coach sitting right next to you!

Good luck--and much success getting "up to speed" quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom