Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done this before,caused by catching the yarn in the loop of the Tpin , but not so grrrrrrr. The shawl is my daughter's evening wedding shawl. I will try and repair it using my trusty crochet hooks, otherwise I will have to pull back and reknit the edging. Does anyone use anything else to block out. I use wires and Tpins at the moment but open to suggestions .:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,456 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
That shawl is so lovely. I don't like using T-pins myself; they seem large and clunky. So, I use stainless steel long quilting pins. They are much finer and I find easier to handle not to mention also less expensive. Hope that you can salvage that pulled thread.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Walmart carries boxes of corsage pins in their wedding section, They are 2.5" long, have big heads so you can handle them easily and find them, if dropped. I use them with wires and they are much smoother and sharper than t-pins. Caution: these are packed for large groups and I believe not inspected.... I pay attention when using as 1 or 2 in each box will not have a point. Just toss them. I do feel they are worth it, I have been using them on my quilting machine for almost 20 years and they are better than t-pins.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
deemail said:
Walmart carries boxes of corsage pins in their wedding section, They are 2.5" long, have big heads so you can handle them easily and find them, if dropped. I use them with wires and they are much smoother and sharper than t-pins. Caution: these are packed for large groups and I believe not inspected.... I pay attention when using as 1 or 2 in each box will not have a point. Just toss them. I do feel they are worth it, I have been using them on my quilting machine for almost 20 years and they are better than t-pins.
Thanks for that, I'm in the UK but I will certainly look out for something similar.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jvallas said:
What yarn and colors did you use? It plays together beautifully! I love the shawl and have my fingers crossed it will all fall back in place with a little nudging.
Thank you. My daughter wanted gold yarn throughout but it's one of those colour which is impossible to find. So she compromised . She chose a soft blue which fits in with her wedding theme and antique gold crocheting thread. I knitted them throughout together, but used only the gold thread for the nupps. Then the gold for the outer edging and cast off with the blue to give the edge a bit more substance.
The blue is James Brett Supreme 4ply.(one 100gm ball) and the gold is Twilleys Antique Gold crochet cotton 25gm (5 of these) . I have managed to reset the stitches but now have about 6 inches of thread hanging!!onwards and upwards!!

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
purdeygirl said:
Thank you. My daughter wanted gold yarn throughout but it's one of those colour which is impossible to find. So she compromised . She chose a soft blue which fits in with her wedding theme and antique gold crocheting thread. I knitted them throughout together, but used only the gold thread for the nupps. Then the gold for the outer edging and cast off with the blue to give the edge a bit more substance.
The blue is James Brett Supreme 4ply.(one 100gm ball) and the gold is Twilleys Antique Gold crochet cotton 25gm (5 of these) . I have managed to reset the stitches but now have about 6 inches of thread hanging!!onwards and upwards!!
Thanks for the info. Perfect combination.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom