Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of frustration, I am trying to wean myself off the habit of leaving fairly long tail ends to sew up items. The trouble is that they are never long enough, so I fight with a tiny length of yarn to finish the sewing, or give up and end off and then do the rest with another longer piece of yarn. At $2 AUS or less a ball of 100 g, I am sure I must save about .00009 of a cent doing this! So I am trying to teach myself to weave all the tail ends in, and then sew up with a reasonable length - don't know how long it will take me to do this automatically though, I have scottish ancestry!! :oops:

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I hate weaving ends in, so I also leave a long tail to sew with, but I've never had a problem with not leaving enough. I usually leave about 2 1/2 times the length of whatever I will be sewing and it seems to come out just about right.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mernie - I have what I call bobbins, wrong term I'm sure, to wind on small amounts of wool when I am knitting vertical stripes - these are virtually the same thing, but what a good idea :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom