Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
I'll second that. Just had a dear friend call me from there and told her to lash herself to a good tree! She is a security guard at the gate of a gated community and can tell how bad it is getting by how many peole start leaving.... Hope all will be safe.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm in the Orlando area and just got back from my morning walk. Got a little wet but there was a small break in the rain. We have had some wind gusts but not bad after 2007 with hurricane Charlie. Thanks for the good thoughts. Hopefully we will not get hit too bad. Poor New Orleans as right now that is where they are saying it will come ashore.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I keep checking with http://www.wunderground.com/ to track the storm.

My thoughts are with everyone in Florida and New Orleans. Please take precautions. A few weeks ago, someone suggested using solar lights (the types we put outside to light our gardens) instead of flashlights if there is a power outage, so if you have them, bring them in, in the evening.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
School here in Polk County are closed as well as those closer to the coast. Republican Convention opening delayed by one day. So far here in Lakeland things are fairly calm. A bit or rain and some healthy breezes but that's been all so far. I think we will fair OK since Issac has moved further to the west.

I am thankful that it is past the Keys as I have a daughter who lives in Marathon. She said that things got a bit hairly yesterday afternoon - high winds, lots of rain - but it has settled down a bit. Although she can't make her bread deliveries because her truck is not allowed on the bridges because of the winds especially the 7 mile bridge.

Everyone stay safe.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Just received an email from a friend in Venice Fl., she said

"Got 1.5" of rain & wind never got over 30 MPH. We really lucked out."

Hope everyone has as easy a time with Isaac as she did.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Yes, everyone PLEASE be safe and HEED the national weather warnings..........we know that being a weather reporter is the only job a person can have and get paid at the same time for doing his job wrong, BUT please, for the times that they are right, please be careful and when they say LEAVE, please leave!!!

My gosh, I'm in Maryland and we got a heck of a rain storm late yesterday afternoon. The rain was literally pouring buckets, it was a pretty harsh storm but thank God our living room hasn't gotten flooded since hubby put some kind of stuff on the floor (some type of sealant).........funny thing, I think the stuff he used is the stuff that's on television commercials, the one where the man puts a screen door on the bottom of his row boat and coats it and it doesn't leak, same stuff. Amazing, something from an info-mercial that actually works, lol

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
karen2835 said:
Yes, everyone PLEASE be safe and HEED the national weather warnings..........we know that being a weather reporter is the only job a person can have and get paid at the same time for doing his job wrong, BUT please, for the times that they are right, please be careful and when they say LEAVE, please leave!!!

My gosh, I'm in Maryland and we got a heck of a rain storm late yesterday afternoon. The rain was literally pouring buckets, it was a pretty harsh storm but thank God our living room hasn't gotten flooded since hubby put some kind of stuff on the floor (some type of sealant).........funny thing, I think the stuff he used is the stuff that's on television commercials, the one where the man puts a screen door on the bottom of his row boat and coats it and it doesn't leak, same stuff. Amazing, something from an info-mercial that actually works, lol
PLEASE, if you are told to get out of town, GET OUT OF TOWN

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
It has been raining steadily and hard all day here.
Please be safe all my KP friends further south!!!
xo

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am in Jupiter and I was sooo lucky. We had only 6 in. of rain but 3 miles west they had 16". In Southern Palm Beach County (mine) houses are isolated by flooding. What a dilemma. And north in Vero Beach, a tornado which damaged 50 homes but no injuries. Some of us were watched over and now we say a prayer for the folks on the Gulf Coast. Thus ends my weather report. Rozelle12

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom