Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knitted a pair of socks but need to make them smaller. the directions did not have that. How do I get them smaller since I used sock yarn and #2 needles? It has a fancy lacy mock cable design. I feel I need to cast on less stitches but need to keep the cable design.

HELP. thanks

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( After meeting gauge and using the called for yarn in the pattern, you could examine the pattern and:

Find sections that aren't 'in cable pattern' and reduce the stitches. Check your gauge and measure your feet in diameter and inches or take a sock you now have that fits and measure on it.

Do you need one inch less in the diameter of the sock? If so, examine the gauge over one inch which will provide you with the number of stitches per inch. If it's four stitches, remove two stitches on on side and two on the other (if not in the pattern stitch area). This means CO four sts less.

You could surf for other cable pattern socks, too and perhaps get the right size for your 6 1/2 foot.

How do I know your foot size? I'm psychotic, (psychic), eh? LOL!!

Good luck!

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~~~

doll said:
I knitted a pair of socks but need to make them smaller. the directions did not have that. How do I get them smaller since I used sock yarn and #2 needles? It has a fancy lacy mock cable design. I feel I need to cast on less stitches but need to keep the cable design.

HELP. thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom