Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Takumi (Clover) Interchangeables? I searched under topics and didn't find that anyone had used them, just that someone had found them on sale. My Michaels store has the Takumi Interchangeables for $169.99 and there is a 50% off coupon in today's paper. My birthday is coming up, and I could get my sweet hubby to buy them for me! What I found on Amazon was conflicting, and I just wondered if anyone here knew about them. Thanks for your help!
Shirley

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's what I saw on Amazon, too. I'd hate to get them, load up my needles, then have them come apart! I'm a fairly new knitter, and that would unnerving for me. Thanks for your help!
Shirley

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Hiya Hiya has interchangeables in two size groups which cost around $90/set. I don't have these yet but thinking about getting the smaller needle size. I have KnitPicks interchangeables and love them. They are available in Harmony or Sunstruck tips for $84.99 or aluminum for $69.99 and, at these prices, the shipping is free. I think I would go with something other than Takumi if there is a chance of having problems with the tips. After all it's only a good bargain if you can use it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
paljoey46 said:
Hiya Hiya has interchangeables in two size groups which cost around $90/set. I don't have these yet but thinking about getting the smaller needle size. I have KnitPicks interchangeables and love them. They are available in Harmony or Sunstruck tips for $84.99 or aluminum for $69.99 and, at these prices, the shipping is free. I think I would go with something other than Takumi if there is a chance of having problems with the tips. After all it's only a good bargain if you can use it.
I love my Hiya Hiyas. I also have a set of Addi turbos and I prefer the HHs. The tips are sharper and I prefer the scew in attachment to the twist and click of the Addis. If I had it to do again I would get both sets of HHs.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I love my knit picks and they were less than $100 a set. I noticed the other day it looks like our Micheals is about to get rid of their sets of clover interchangables. The great thing is, it's Micheals and you can take them back if you don't like them! Good Luck with what ever you decide. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
my DD just purchased the new Sunstruck interchangeables from Knitpicks and really likes them. i am thinking about ordering them for myself, not that i need another set of needles. i do love my denise interchangeables, but the points on the sunstruck are very nice. the price is right also. you will find pros and cons on every brand/type of needle. may have to try several to decide what you prefer. i like bamboo/wood for some things, my denise acrylics for some things. don't like alum. ones at all, even tho i have some. happy knitting with whichever you choose.

·
Registered
964 Posts
KnitPicks has a Try-it set of their interchangeables for about $20.00 You get a pair of wood, nickle, and acrylic tips, cables, end caps and the tightening key. Its a good way to try them and see which tips you like before buying the complete set. I love the wood tips, I get really annoyed with my old needles now that I've been spoiled by the Harmonie wood.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My sweet hubby got tired of me waffling back and forth about buying them--and he bought them for me for my birthday!! With the Michael's 50% off coupon I didn't feel too bad about him spending the money. That doesn't mean I can't try other needles, but these will do for now! I put them together and the join seemed pretty secure. The cable twists at the join, so I don't think they'll get twisted and come undone. I like having a 16" cable for hats. (Though I learned this weekend how to use two circulars for hats--so that is more of a moot point.) I think the Takumis a good starter set for me!
I do think I'll try the Knit-Picks "Try-it" sets. Everyone raves about those. I have to try the Hiya Hiyas, and the Addis, too. They sell them at my LYS, and the needles look very well-made. You know what--maybe I'll just try them all!! :) Thanks to everyone for their input! Happy Birthday to me!!
Hugs and Blessings to all,
Shirley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom