Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Target Stores in the US carry yarn?
Target will be taking over some of our Zellers stores on Vancouver Island, 3 of our best stores for yarn will be closing in the next 6 months for the Target overhaul.
I hope we don't loose our yarn sections.
Thanks ladies.
Sue

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have never seen yarn in a Target store in the US. I hope you don't lose your yarn sections.

·
Registered
30,451 Posts
I have not seen it there. But don't shop there much.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Our Target here only carries clothes. :cry: :evil:
When they first opened up here (a year ago)
and I walked in to see what they were going to carry......
saw all the clothes and nothing else...
turned around and walked back out. Haven't been back since!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Island Sue said:
Target will be taking over some of our Zellers stores on Vancouver Island, 3 of our best stores for yarn will be closing in the next 6 months for the Target overhaul.
Thanks ladies.
Sue
I live in Richmond, I buy a lot of yarn from Zeller's, I sure hope the store here stay's, I was reading down the page, they are saying, no yarn at Target. I notice even Walmart's yarn is declining.
What are we to do? I guess go now, and buy all we can, at least here I have a nice craft store in Steveston, it's quite expensive though.
Well we'll wait and see.
Trudy

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The regular Target stores here do not carry yarn or sewing supplies, fabric, etc.

They carry clothing items, shoes,some have food items, electronics, books, magazines, some auto stuff (but no oil change place or tire place), exercise and sports equipment, dishes, sheets, etc., pet food and supplies, makeup and fragrances and other toiletry items. They also usually have a pharmacy.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is annoying. I dislike Target generally - never been there of course- but my first 18" doll was from Target. She was a gift from an American member at Crochetville who wanted a pattern for a hockey player :D

I have come to count on Zellers for my Bernat yarns as our WM does not carry the same types. Truth is that I would likely just count the mall as dead space if Zellers does go Target. It is too big for me and kills my back and feet anyway.

In a small city, you don't get a lot of options for yarn. :(

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Island Sue said:
Thanks ladies.
Sue
i have been wondering also. we are getting a walmart here but it is smaller than most, hope they still have a knitting section. our zellers is being taken over by target as well. the only place i can get stuff for knitting is there.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have noticed over past year or so, Wallmarts yarn supply has gone down a lot, more crafts, less yarn. They bring in a lot of the discount stuff, and very rough to use. Not soft at all.
Whats a knitter to do?

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Island Sue said:
I have noticed over past year or so, Wallmarts yarn supply has gone down a lot, more crafts, less yarn. They bring in a lot of the discount stuff, and very rough to use. Not soft at all.
Whats a knitter to do?
i have noticed the sam eas well. i get my bernat at zellers as well. i hope that they have yarn at target, but it is not sounding good :cry:

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom