Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not certain how to seek a pattern. I have knitted a cozy before. I made my own pattern standing in an Irish Shop looking at the one they had for sale. It turned out all right but I was not satisfied. Hoping someone can help. It was the shaping I had trouble with, the stitch pattern was lovely.
I read about everyone online and have begun to think I really know all the people writing in with comments.
Bonnie, St. Louis

·
Registered
16,213 Posts
Are you looking for a particular stitch for a cozy or just patterns in general? I'd try ravelry.com (you have to sign up but it's free), allfreeknitting.com, and maybe even a general google search. A search term like "knit tea cozy pattern" (add "free" if that matters to you) would turn up lots of choices.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Bonnie Lee Wimmer said:
Not certain how to seek a pattern. I have knitted a cozy before. I made my own pattern standing in an Irish Shop looking at the one they had for sale. It turned out all right but I was not satisfied. Hoping someone can help. It was the shaping I had trouble with, the stitch pattern was lovely.
I read about everyone online and have begun to think I really know all the people writing in with comments.
Bonnie, St. Louis
I have a pattern for tea cosy one is stripped and the other check.They are old patterns so i have written them out to makesure i can read them. If you wish i could send you copies in a pm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to Benda in Stretford, Manchester,

I would love your patterns. They sound like just what I am looking for. I bought a knitted cozy in Ireland and it is checkered. This was 14 yrs ago. Now I do no know what PM means. Sort of think it refers to mall. I am in St. Louis, Missouri in the USA.

Bonnie

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you go to Barnes and Noble look for knitting magazines. There are quite a few English magazines for sale and they are usually wrapped in plastic. They quite often have projects like you are looking for. If not, I'de be happy to send you one for free.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Bonnie Lee Wimmer said:
to Benda in Stretford, Manchester,

I would love your patterns. They sound like just what I am looking for. I bought a knitted cozy in Ireland and it is checkered. This was 14 yrs ago. Now I do no know what PM means. Sort of think it refers to mall. I am in St. Louis, Missouri in the USA.

Bonnie
I would love to send you a copy of the tea cosy patterns. The PM means send a private message to me with you email address in (so only i receive the address) then i can send you a copy. I was told that this is the best way so no one else gets you address only who you want to give it to.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Bonnie Lee Wimmer said:
Bonnie, St. Louis
Welcome to the site.Hope you receive my private message and understand it plus the tea cosy patterns

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom