Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14,208 Posts
When I taught "tweens" at our church...I used large wooden or bamboo needles...bright acrylic worsted or bulky weight yarns.

I also got some core board from the craft store and made a sample of each thing I would be teaching..ie... cast on, knit, purl, cast off, stockinette stitch and garter stitch..

Also consider knitting a garter stitch dishcloth instead of a scarf...smaller projects completed give them satisfaction of a job well done and motivate them to knit more at another time.

As they, would sit at a circular table and I would go to each one to help..they could always look at the board of samples I made.

Everything went so well...

· Registered
14,208 Posts
I am happy to hear you are going with the dishcloth I suggested....Starting a project and seeing it finished is a great confidence builder...also gives them inspiration to do another and keep up with their newly learned skills.

I am sure you will do just awesome...they will bless you beyond measure.

Hugs and God Bless you,

Camilla

joyfullypink said:
Thanks ..my first class is this afternoon. I will keep you posted. I am going to start with a garter stitch cotton dish cloth, so they can finish and keep or give away and then we will go on to a scarf..I think it is important that they do feel accomplishment in finishing the item.

Thanks for your tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom