Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my great-granddaughters wants to knit. She does well with just knitting, but the purl stitch baffles her.
Any suggestions that I can write to her?? ( She lives in another town, so we don't see each other too often.) :?:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
rjaknit said:
One of my great-granddaughters wants to knit. She does well with just knitting, but the purl stitch baffles her.
Any suggestions that I can write to her?? ( She lives in another town, so we don't see each other too often.) :?:
If she uses the computer, have her watch video on youtube.com to get it figured out.
Or if you can skype with her - show her yourself. I have used the skype and in the last few months have taught my grandaughter to knit in Washington from California via the video camera. Its great fun and we laugh a lot.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( If she has a computer, have her surf for:

Purl video

You'd have to know the knitting method she's using, so if it's:

English purl video

Continental purl video

She could sit at her leisure and study that and even get on a conference phone call to you (tele-con), you could watch it on your end, too, she could ask questions, you could ask questions......When you get together again, you could sit in a teaching session.

Good luck!

Donna Rae
p.s. The combined continental method has what I believe to be the least offensive purl stitch, too! LOL!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH6wD2jT-TI

Conti
rjaknit said:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom