Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Thai Recipes ...

Our Favorite Thai Food Recipes (tasteofhome.com) Our Favorite Thai Food Recipes (That Are Better Than Takeout!) ~ Make restaurant-worthy Thai food at home with recipes for all of your favorites, including Pad Thai, lettuce wraps, saucy noodles and more.
Thai Recipes That Are Even Better Than Takeout ~ Our Favorite Thai Recipes (That Are Even Better Than Takeout!) ~ Craving takeout? Learn to make Thai-inspired and traditional Thai recipes, like pad thai and pork satay, right at home.
Thai-Inspired Chicken Recipes | Taste of Home ~ 21 Thai-Inspired Chicken Recipes That Are Better Than Takeout ~ Switch up your dinner routine with one of these delicious Thai chicken recipes. We have ideas packed with rich, comforting flavors the entire family will love.

15 ESSENTIAL THAI INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO KNOW 15 Essential Thai Ingredients You Need to Know to Cook Thai Food
BUBBLE TEA How to Make Your Own Bubble Tea at Home
Bubble tea, also known as boba tea, is a popular tea drink filled with tapioca balls. This sipper can be made with a variety of different types of tea, like jasmine, strawberry, mango and oolong.
COCONUT MANGO THAI BEEF CURRY Coconut Mango Thai Beef Curry My recipe provides a lot of sweet heat. The mango and coconut milk taste tropical while the curry paste adds a little fire. It’s a perfect dish to spice up the traditional offerings of the season. To make a milder dish, just reduce the amount of curry paste. —Terri Lynn Merritts, Nashville, Tennessee
EASY PAD THAI Easy Pad Thai Craving Thai recipes? Skip the takeout restaurant and give this easy pad thai recipe a try if you need an easy and quick meal. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
FRESH THAI ASPARAGUS, KALE AND GARLICKY MUSHROOMS Fresh Thai Asparagus, Kale and Garlicky Mushrooms Hit the local farmers market and stock up! This quick, simple side dish is a perfect complement to any meal. The fish sauce gives it a wonderful depth of flavor without much effort. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Staple food

GAME-DAY THAI CHICKEN MEATBALLS Game-Day Thai Chicken Meatballs These Thai chicken meatballs make a great game-day snack. We also like to serve them as a main dish over stir-fried veggies. —Merry Graham, Newhall, California
KHAO SOI SOUP (THAI COCONUT CURRY NOODLE SOUP) How to Make Warm Thai Coconut Curry Noodle Soup Khao soi is an ever-popular North Thai dish—and for good reason! It’s a thick, curried soup that’s served over a bed of rice noodles with a handful of savory toppings like pickled mustard greens and chili paste.
LARB GAI Larb Gai Larb gai (Thai chicken salad) is a dish made with ground chicken, chiles, mint and basil. Serve as a main dish or as an appetizer in lettuce cups. For a heartier version, serve it with rice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
MANGO STICKY RICE Mango Sticky Rice As a nice contrast to traditional desserts, this Thai mango STICKY RICE recipe is a refreshing treat with a sweet and simple sauce that perks up your post-dinner taste buds. WHAT IS STICKY RICE? What Is Sticky Rice? —Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
PEANUT TURKEY SATAY Peanut Turkey Satay I found this recipe years ago and immediately served it for a company dinner. It’s easy and fun and takes only minutes to cook, but it makes a fancy entree for special occasions. The peanut butter and soy sauce lend a nice Asian flavor. —Lisa Mahon Fluegeman, Cincinnati, Ohio
PORK SATAY Pork Satay Cilantro layers on the freshness, while the sesame oil and Thai chili sauce add Asian flavors that pair perfectly with peanut butter. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
ROLLED ICE CREAM Easy Rolled Ice Cream (Thai Stir-Fried Ice Cream + VIDEO) Talk about a treat! Made of condensed milk, heavy cream and a flavor of your choosing—this recipe from Izzy Cooking uses Oreos—rolled ice cream is a Thai-style ice cream typically sold by street vendors. All three ingredients are mixed together, spread thinly and rolled.
SAUCY THAI BEEF NOODLES Saucy Thai Beef Noodles This stir-fry has been a family favorite for some time. I like to double the recipe and add extra vegetables. —Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin
Food Ingredient Recipe Noodle Cuisine

SAUCY THAI CHICKEN PIZZAS Saucy Thai Chicken Pizzas Contributor Gigi Miller, from Stoughton, Wisconsin, provided a fabulous recipe for sweet and saucy chicken thighs that she serves with rice. We took it a step further, and used the chicken and sauce to make this restaurant-inspired Thai pizza. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
SESAME CHICKEN WITH CREAMY SATAY SAUCE Sesame Chicken with Creamy Satay Sauce These skewers taste as if they came from your favorite takeout place, but they are surprisingly simple to make at home. The sesame dressing keeps the chicken juicy. —Kathi Jones-DelMonte, Rochester, New York
SHRIMP PAD THAI Shrimp Pad Thai You can make this yummy Thai classic in no time. Find fish sauce and chili garlic sauce in the Asian foods aisle of your grocery store. —Elise Ray, Shawnee, Kansas
SHRIMP PAD THAI SOUP Shrimp Pad Thai Soup Pad thai is one of my favorite dishes, but it is often loaded with extra calories. This soup is a healthier option that has all the flavor of traditional versions. —Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington.
SLOW-COOKED THAI DRUNKEN NOODLES Slow-Cooked Thai Drunken Noodles I really love pad kee mao and was inspired to try my recipe in the slow cooker on a really busy day. It came out tasting great! I was so happy to have it ready to go when we got home. You can easily substitute chicken, turkey or beef for pork. —Lori McLain, Denton, Texas
SLOW-COOKER PAD THAI Slow-Cooker Pad Thai I love pad thai, but I hate standing over a hot stir-fry—especially in the summer. This slow cooker version lets me keep my cool and enjoy pad thai, too. —Shawn Barto, Winter Garden, Florida
SLOW-COOKER THAI BUTTERNUT SQUASH PEANUT SOUP Slow-Cooker Thai Butternut Squash Peanut Soup This seemingly exotic dish is simple, vegan, healthy and hearty. The peanut butter blends beautifully with the sweetness of the squash and Thai seasonings. You can also serve this soup without pureeing it first. —Kayla Capper, Ojai, California
SLOW-COOKER THAI PEANUT NOODLES Slow-Cooker Thai Peanut Noodles I like to serve these Thai peanut noodles with green onion or cilantro for pops of color and fresh flavor. —Catherine Cebula, Littleton, Massachusetts
Food Ingredient Recipe Noodle Cuisine

SPICY THAI COCONUT CHICKEN SOUP Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup For national soup month in January, I came up with a new recipe every day. This one is my favorite! It’s so easy, with just a touch of special Thai flavors. For an even richer flavor, try using whole coconut milk. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
THAI BASIL CHICKEN Thai Basil Chicken, Pad Kra Pao - Simply Suwanee Thai basil chicken, also known as gai pad kra pao, is a light Thai dish that can be served at any time of day. Simply Suwanee swears that it makes for a delicious brunch main. This street food includes seasoned chicken served with jasmine rice, fried egg and green beans.
THAI BEEF STIR-FRY Thai Beef Stir-Fry A distinctive peanut sauce complements this colorful combination of tender sirloin strips, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. I like to dish it up over spaghetti, but you could use fried noodles instead. —Janice Fehr, Austin, Manitoba
THAI CHICKEN AND ORANGE SALAD Thai Chicken and Orange Salad A creamy peanut butter dressing provides a Thai twist to this main dish chicken salad. You if you have leftover cooked chicken breasts, feel free to use it. It will make the recipe even quicker. —Katia Lane, Madison, Alabama
THAI CHICKEN AND SLAW Thai Chicken & Slaw This recipe is foolproof and well worth the prep time. Kids love the sweetness of the honey, and I serve the slaw on the side so my vegetarian friends can enjoy it, too. —Karen Norris, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
THAI CHICKEN CASSEROLE Thai Chicken Casserole When my family goes out, I can count on someone ordering chicken pad thai. I decided to make an easy version at home. Top it with a sprinkle of peanuts and cilantro. —Sandra Dombek, Camillus, New York
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

THAI CHICKEN COLESLAW Thai Chicken Coleslaw My love of Thai peanut sauce inspired this tasty salad creation that always has me going back for seconds. It also make a delicious side when made without chicken. —Jodi Ollerman, West Richland, Washington
THAI CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups Lettuce wraps make light, lively appetizers. These are easy to make because the slow cooker does most of the work. Just load it up and let things get cooking. When the chicken is cooked, just shred and serve. —Robin Haas, West Roxbury, Massachusetts
THAI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps This recipe is so flavorful and fresh tasting. The teachers and staff at my school love it because it's fun to put together. —Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP Thai Chicken Noodle Soup This slow-cooker soup is a semi-homemade version that coaxes all the flavor out of a rotisserie chicken. The prep work for this can be done the day before so you can toss it into the slow cooker with ease. —Beth Jacobson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
THAI CHICKEN PASTA Thai Chicken PastaI try to buy fresh chicken when it’s on sale. I cook a big batch in the slow cooker, then cut it up and package it in small amounts suitable for recipes like this. When I want it, I just need to pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw. —Jeni Pittard, Canon, Georgia
THAI CHICKEN PASTA SALAD Thai Chicken Pasta Salad I combined several recipes to come up with my healthier twist on traditional pad thai. My version has only one-third the sodium of frozen versions you find in the store. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
THAI CHICKEN PASTA SKILLET Thai Chicken Pasta Skillet This gorgeous Bangkok-style pasta has been a faithful standby for many years and always gets loads of praise. For a potluck, we increase it and do it ahead. —Susan Ten Pas, Myrtle Creek, Oregon
THAI CHICKEN PEANUT NOODLES Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles My husband loves the spicy flavors in these Thai chicken noodles and often breaks out the chopsticks for a more immersive experience. — Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
Food Tableware Noodle Staple food Recipe

THAI CHICKEN TACOS Thai Chicken Tacos Inspired by a Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, this recipe is an awesome way to use leftover chicken. If you have a little extra time, let the carrot and cucumber marinate in some rice vinegar before taco time. —Melissa Halonen, Spokane, Washington
THAI CHICKEN THIGHS Thai Chicken Thighs These very tender and moist chicken thighs come with a tangy peanut butter sauce that is irresistible. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
THAI CHICKEN WRAPS Thai Chicken Wraps Thanks to quick-cooking chicken, convenient broccoli slaw mix, and an easy peanut sauce, you can wrap up dinner in 25 minutes. —Trudy Williams, Shannonville, Ontario
THAI COCONUT BEEF Thai Coconut Beef My husband and I love Thai food, but going out on weeknights can be challenging with busy schedules. I wanted to create a Thai-inspired dinner that could double as an easy lunch the following day. The beef is fantastic in this dish, but chicken or pork would be equally delicious! —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
THAI ICED TEA We Made Thai Iced Tea and It's the Perfect Drink to Sip with Spicy Food Creamy Thai iced tea is a black tea wonderfully spiced with star anise, vanilla, cardamom, orange blossom and tamarind seed. Black tea is good for you, too! It boosts energy, keeps your arteries healthy and it may even decrease your risk of cancer.
THAI PASTA WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE Thai Pasta with Spicy Peanut Sauce We love how the whole wheat pasta and crisp, raw vegetables blend with the rich and creamy peanut sauce. The addition of fresh lime juice really brightens the flavor of the dish. Some eat it hot, but my husband and I prefer to wait until it's closer to room temperature. —Donna McCallie, Lake Park, Florida
Food Ingredient Al dente Noodle Recipe

THAI PEANUT CHICKEN AND NOODLES Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles This versatile chicken recipe is very similar to chicken pad Thai but easier to make and tastes just as good. Rice noodles can be swapped with mung bean noodles or any type of egg noodles. —Kristina Segarra, Yonkers, New York
THAI PEANUT CHICKEN CASSEROLE Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole I used traditional pizza sauce and toppings in this recipe for years. After becoming a fan of Thai peanut chicken pizza, I decided to use those flavors instead. Serve with stir-fried vegetables or a salad with sesame dressing for an easy, delicious meal. —Katherine Wollgast, Troy, Missouri
THAI PEANUT NAAN PIZZAS Thai Peanut Naan Pizzas I'm a huge fan of Thai food, but don't always have the time to make it at home. To get my fix, I top fluffy naan bread with a ginger-peanut sauce, fresh veggies, a sprinkle of cilantro and a spicy squiggle of Sriracha. —Rachel Seis, Taste of Home Senior Editor
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Cheese

THAI PORK SATAY Thai Pork Satay I love this recipe since it can be made as a main dish or as an appetizer. For appetizer portions, use short skewers and half the amount of pork. —Stephanie Butz, Portland, Oregon
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY Thai Red Chicken Curry I re-created a favorite dish from a restaurant, and now I cook it almost weekly for my family. On a busy night, frozen stir-fry veggies really speed things up. —Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
THAI RED CURRY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES Thai Red Curry Chicken & Vegetables The key to this curry chicken is getting complex flavors without heaviness. For the veggies, I like colorful pea pods, sweet red peppers and water chestnuts. —David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
THAI SALAD WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSING Thai Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing I created this salad to replicate one I tried on a cruise several years ago. It goes over very well at family gatherings and potlucks year-round. We love the spice of the Thai chile, but if your family isn't into spice, feel free to leave it out. It will still be delicious! —Donna Gribbins, Shelbyville, Kentucky
THAI SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing This Thai salad is very fresh and flavorful. The peanut garnish adds a satisfying crunch. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Leaf vegetable

THAI SALMON BROWN RICE BOWLS Thai Salmon Brown Rice Bowls This speedy salmon recipe couldn't be any easier. The store-bought sesame ginger dressing saves time and adds extra flavor to this healthy dish. — Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
THAI SCALLOP SAUTÉ Thai Scallop Saute Just open a bottle of Thai peanut sauce to give this seafood stir-fry some serious authenticity. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
THAI SHRIMP AND RICE Thai Shrimp and Rice Raisins and coconut milk add a lovely hint of sweetness to this Thai dish, and freshly grated lime peel and minced gingerroot give it a wonderful aroma and flavor. Add some flair to your weeknight menu! —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
THAI SHRIMP CAKES Thai Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce (Tod Mun Goong) - Simply Suwanee These Thai shrimp cakes from Simply Suwanee are an easy appetizer to make on the fly! These flavorful bites are seasoned with garlic, lemon, lime, cilantro and shallots. Enjoy them on their own or incorporate them into a simple salad recipe.
THAI SHRIMP SALAD FOR 2 Thai Shrimp Salad for 2 Here’s a deliciously different salad that blends grilled shrimp, a lean source of protein, with the low-calorie crunch of cucumber and onion. It’s tossed and dressed with Thai flavors of sesame, cilantro, lime and refreshing mint. —Annette Traverso – San Rafael, California
THAI SHRIMP SOUP Thai Shrimp Soup This tasty soup comes together in minutes, and it’s a crowd pleaser. The ingredients are available in my little Maine grocery store, too. —Jessie Grearson-Sapat, Falmouth, Maine
THAI SHRIMP STIR-FRY Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry Peanut butter gives this tasty blend of red peppers, snow peas and shrimp its Thai flavor, while ginger and red pepper flakes spice it up. Serve this colorful main dish over pasta. —Jeanne Fisher, Simi Valley, California.
THAI SPINACH BEEF SALAD Thai Spinach Beef Salad Here's a main-dish salad that's just plain fun to eat. It's crunchy, beefy and has a little kick. Best of all, it's good for you. —Janet Dingler, Cedartown, Georgia
THAI TEA? It’s the perfect beverage to balance rich or spicy foods We Made Thai Iced Tea and It's the Perfect Drink to Sip with Spicy Food
THAI VEGGIE DIP Thai Veggie Dip
This delicious dip is full of flavor, color and crunch, but not full of calories. There's mild sweetness from the honey with a bit of heat at the end from the pepper flakes. If spicy food is your thing, feel free to add an extra dash of pepper. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
THAI-STYLE BRISKET Thai-Style Brisket Here's an unusual take on brisket that will have you hooked. Peanut butter, soy, crisp-tender veggies and zesty seasonings give it the authentic Thai flavor we crave. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
THAI-STYLE CHICKEN CHILI Thai-Style Chicken Chili I love this Asian take on the classic one-pot meal. It's quick, easy, nutritious and delicious. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
THAI-STYLE COBB SALAD Thai-Style Cobb Salad This veggie salad is like a mix of Cobb salad and my favorite summer rolls. If you have leftover chicken, toss it in. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
THAI-STYLE GREEN BEANS Thai-Style Green Beans Thai for two, anyone? Peanut butter, soy sauce and hoisin sauce flavor this quick, fabulous bean dish. —Candy McMenamin, Lexington, South Carolina
Food Plant Recipe Ingredient Tableware

THAI-STYLE PORK Thai-Style Pork A creamy peanut butter sauce coats moist slices of pork in this delectable dish. This recipe is from a friend in my cooking club, and it’s always a favorite. —Amy Van Orman, Rockford, Michigan
TOM KHA GAI This Is How to Make Thai Coconut Chicken Soup Coconut milk makes this soup recipe sing (and gives it that creamy, velvety texture). Tom kha gai is a Thai coconut chicken soup recipe that boasts other aromatics like lemongrass and fish sauce. Serve over JASMINE RICE How to Make PERFECT Jasmine Rice at Home or rice noodles to make it a full meal.
UDON NOODLES WITH PINEAPPLE VINAIGRETTE Udon Noodles with Pineapple Vinaigrette Thai cuisine has such wonderfully intense flavors, but the dishes can be heavy and time-consuming. My answer is a refreshing salad with mango, gingerroot and a pop of jalapeno. —Melanie Stevenson, Reading, Pennsylvania
VEGETABLE PAD THAI Vegetable Pad Thai Classic flavors of Thailand abound in this fragrant and flavorful dish featuring peanuts, tofu and noodles. New to tofu? It gives the entree its satisfying protein, for a delicious way to introduce it to your diet. —Sara Landry, Brookline, Massachusetts
VEGETARIAN PAD THAI Vegetarian Pad Thai This is a simple pad thai loaded with crisp vegetables and zesty flavor. It’s quick, simple, and fresh-tasting. —Colleen Doucette, Truro, Nova Scotia
VEGGIE THAI CURRY SOUP Veggie Thai Curry Soup My go-to Thai restaurant inspired this curry soup. Shiitake mushrooms are my favorite, but any fresh mushroom will work. Fresh basil and lime add a burst of bright flavors. —Tre Balchowsky, Sausalito, California

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom