Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother's funeral was Tuesday- it was a beautiful service. We all held it together until my husband stood up and told his favorite moments with her. He really loved my mother and he could do no wrong in her eyes! He cried at the end and every person in the place started wiping their eyes. The only thing my mother always said she wanted at her funeral was a bagpipe player. In this town of 3000, I actually knew one! It was beautiful and haunting. So, today was the first day I didn't have to rush over to help pass lunch trays or go to meetings about mom. I was a little lost for a moment, then I did housework, got some knitting done, made overdue phone calls and just relaxed. It was nice. I want to thank everyone for your kind words, thought and prayers. Nina even sent me a beautiful card! You made me feel cared for and soothed. Thank you.

· Registered
19,648 Posts
There will be good days and bad days to come as things pop into your mind to tell your mother - take it gently.
My thoughts and prayers with you.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
vikicooks said:
My mother's funeral was Tuesday- it was a beautiful service. We all held it together until my husband stood up and told his favorite moments with her. He really loved my mother and he could do no wrong in her eyes! He cried at the end and every person in the place started wiping their eyes. The only thing my mother always said she wanted at her funeral was a bagpipe player. In this town of 3000, I actually knew one! It was beautiful and haunting. So, today was the first day I didn't have to rush over to help pass lunch trays or go to meetings about mom. I was a little lost for a moment, then I did housework, got some knitting done, made overdue phone calls and just relaxed. It was nice. I want to thank everyone for your kind words, thought and prayers. Nina even sent me a beautiful card! You made me feel cared for and soothed. Thank you.[/quote

Remember there are two Nina's on the forum. However I sign my name 9a. May God continue to give you and your husband comfort. 9a

· Registered
1,589 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. The pain of losing her will fade, but her spirit will not. My Mom passed in 1991 and there are still days when I think "I need to call Mom and...." Positive thoughts for healing energy to you and your family !!

· Registered
17,788 Posts
What a beautiful service. ♡♡

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom