Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still not sure this was only for the dishtowel/cloth swap but I got a rather large package from GrandmaJeanB the other day. She is a very busy lady involved in a lot of activities but managed to send me a treasure trove of items in this box, OM Gosh it is amazing. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I received a recipe book, several towels and a handmade textured wash cloth, a plastic storage case, some chocolate, several yarns, a date book for 2014, a cake mix, some stitch markers, some vintage workbasket magazines, chocolate frosting, a toolholder and a notebook. She also read that I am a bead addict too so she put in two strands of those, one of which I am going to make into angel earrings. Thank you, thank you GrandmaJeanB, you definitely made my day and the weekend so much more fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My hubby just cooked one of the chicken recipes from the cookbook and it was fantastic! A new fav recipe that is for sure. He has another one marked but not sure when I will see it. Am lucky that hubby LIKES to cook dinners. He is retired too, and I am still working. The cooks in your town GrandmaJeanB are superb!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am glad you did! He has had more fun thumbing through that cookbook for the last couple of days, keeping his retired self out of trouble and mischief elsewhere :) It is still out so I am sure he will look at it again.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update - hubby made another great dinner from the recipe book - something very quiche like though I don't think it was called a quiche exactly. It came after a simply awful day at work, and changed the whole outlook of the evening and weekend Thank you again you great cooks in PA! And GrandmaJeanB.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
that is great I love the old local cook books. Many of the churches here and civic groups turn to those books to raise funds. The younger cooks need to know how. I am so glad you all are enjoying it. I was raised in Baltimore and the cooking was different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom