Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following you all here for a few weeks now and I want to thank you for filling a void that the death of my dear friend and neighbor, Marge, left with her passing.
Marge is the one who taught me to knit. The first thing she taught me to knit was baby socks, with DPNs, imagine the thoughts going through my mind when she brought them out-
I am not very advanced, but have knitted my daughter several infinity scarves, one for me, an afghan for my grand-baby and am working on an afghan for my DH, another afghan for my GS and a pair for baby socks. Fortunately, they have not been difficult patterns so will probably be picking some of your brains when I decide to step up to more difficult projects.
From all that I have read there is a lot of knowledge available from some very loving, close knit people on this website
A little about me, I am from the Mojave Desert in Ca, but am planning to move to Tx before the end of the year. I am married with one child, Rachael and one grandchild Lucas....they live in Tx, part of the reason for moving.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your neighbour's passing. Some neighbours become our best friends, and others, like we have to the south of us are always the bane (sp?) or our existence. we live in a townhouse complex, and the people next door have no housekeeping skills, to the point where we have just had checks to see if we were infected, and others on the otherside. We had no sign of any, but this is not the first time. As they are living assistance due to the male having had a motorbike accident; his "wife" is below average intelligence, and her daughter is below her's! However, the people on this site are so helpful - they have really brought me along with my knitting which has taught me patience!

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Welcome from the bottom of the world.

What a wonderful legacy Marge has left, that you will think of her each time you pick up your needles!

You are right, this is a close, helpful community - and there is always someone on line from somewhere in the world at any hour.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am very appreciative of the gift that she gave me....a wonderful reminder of the person that she was. She made me promise to continue knitting socks, she gave them to the church for new babies in the congregation.

·
Registered
15,592 Posts
Welcome. :sm01:

We are as lindseymary said 'a far flung family'. So, though you will take memories of Marge with you where ever you move to, there will always be one or more of us here if you feel the need to 'talk' whether online or via a PM.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
So sorry to hear you lost your dear friend, but she will be remembered through your love of knitting. Happy you have joined us here at the forum.... you will find help when you need it, advice if you want it and a multitude of friends from all over the world. Welcome from Tennessee ~ :sm02:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom