Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Marilyn for helping me with the pattern. I am gonna make that hat and have the desire to make a knitted hat in the round. Always knit using the round circulars, but have never made anything in the round. Scared of the double points!!!!!!!!!! Have started a prayer shawl, but love the ones you have on your site. Where did you find that pattern. Do you prefer any particular knitting needles (wooden vs metal, etc)? Do double points come in shorter sizes? I love this site. Just found it and find myself coming to the computer more often. HA! HA! bulldog (Betty, from Mississippi)

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi,
my name on "raverly", is K5nitter check out my hats, they are my passion! i also make purses. right now i'm stuck on making baby stuff as we have 3 babies 2 here , one in august.
sounds like you are off to a good start! Now try felting one? look on line for instructions. you make it out of 100 % wool NOT superwash(it wont shrink) make it big enough to fit a huge huge head make it untill it comes down past your chin when you try it on throw it in hot water with a pair of jeans and sauve shampoo, 2 tennis balls, NO spin. I get so excited because they all come out a tad different! I made one yesterday, that had a 4 inch brim, came out with about a half inch?? head part fit perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi,
my name on "raverly", is K5nitter check out my hats, they are my passion! i also make purses. right now i'm stuck on making baby stuff as we have 3 babies 2 here , one in august.
sounds like you are off to a good start! Now try felting one? look on line for instructions. you make it out of 100 % wool NOT superwash(it wont shrink) make it big enough to fit a huge huge head make it untill it comes down past your chin when you try it on throw it in hot water with a pair of jeans and sauve shampoo, 2 tennis balls, NO spin. I get so excited because they all come out a tad different! I made one yesterday, that had a 4 inch brim, came out with about a half inch?? head part fit perfect!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom