Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
gozolady said:
No it is not, it is assault and the officer should face disciplinary action and be charged with assault.

The bottom line of the article reads "Police said its internal affairs department was looking into the case." so it would appear that action may be taken by the police authorities.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The man was drunk, and swimming naked.
It is not legal here to swim naked, or be naked in public. It is not legal for women to sunbathe topless.
As recently as 10 years ago women in bikinis at the beach would be spat on, shouted at and chased.
The man was charged with being drunk and disorderly. It was said he offended public morals. I was offended by the action of the police. The policeman got away with it. Apparently the naked man was pushed, not slapped. I heard the slap, don't know about you?

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Definitely assault. By the way, did you know that women in Ontario (Canada) can go topless as long as it is hot enough?

"It's been more than 20 years since Gwen Jacob walked topless down a street in Guelph, Ont., and was charged with committing an indecent act. That sparked a court battle that ultimately vindicated her, and the courts ruled it was legal for women to go topless in Ontario."

Would you do it??

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
gozolady said:
The man was drunk, and swimming naked.
It is not legal here to swim naked, or be naked in public. It is not legal for women to sunbathe topless.
As recently as 10 years ago women in bikinis at the beach would be spat on, shouted at and chased.
The man was charged with being drunk and disorderly. It was said he offended public morals. I was offended by the action of the police. The policeman got away with it. Apparently the naked man was pushed, not slapped. I heard the slap, don't know about you?
He was slapped across the left hand side of his face before he was pushed. The slap is clearly visible at 1 minutes 38 seconds of the video.

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
knitnanny said:
Definitely assault. By the way, did you know that women in Ontario (Canada) can go topless as long as it is hot enough?

"It's been more than 20 years since Gwen Jacob walked topless down a street in Guelph, Ont., and was charged with committing an indecent act. That sparked a court battle that ultimately vindicated her, and the courts ruled it was legal for women to go topless in Ontario."

Would you do it??
We had a nude beach in Perth in the 1970s. Apparently the police could not do anything about it because it was technically on land controlled by the Army. It was part of the Swanbourne firing range just over the fence from the Swanbourne Army Barracks. It was also the gay beach. A very friendly place, people played volley ball, men, women and children. We went there all the time.

They were talking about the burkini bans on The Drum tonight and the presenters said they remembered the man in the 1960s who had the official position of measuring the length of a ladies bikini bottoms or pants. Too short and the lady would be ordered off the beach to change into something more respectable.

In 1964 my next door neighbour and I would take the children down to Scarborough beach, she had a car and I did not. We would go down before 10.00 am and after an hour on the beach we would often go shopping and she would do her shopping in her bikini. I did not wear a bikini as I burn too easily and I had a chenille beach robe that I wore over my bathers. Not Jean though. She parked her car in the car park and with two children in tow she would do all her shopping wearing her pink bikini and rubber thongs - thongs are footwear not the g string thong.

I also remember the back beach at Nussa in the 1980s being the nude beach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom