Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
4,398 Posts
Welcome from Omaha, Nebraska. This is a wonderful site and you'll make many friends here, learn a lot, share a lot and care a lot. Promise!

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yes Leanna I am truly blessed living here..the climate is just beautiful and how can you help being happy on such a beautiful, warm sunny day like today, although it is winter..perfect for gardening! Have just repotted some old (16 years old) Vireyas, and the buds have burst forth into clusters of bellshaped flowers in yellows, oranges and pinks. My patio area is looking great now! It would be wonderful to meet you next time you pass through! My Dad's family comes from Adelaide and Bruce and I visited there last year for a relative's 80th.
Know that feeling well, Neeterbug! Well there'll always be someone here to listen to you in the middle of the night!
And ozgal, you have had some wild weather down there in the last few weeks! Love your little saying (or whatever it's called) and yours too Neeterbug.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Grannybaba said:
Yes Leanna I am truly blessed living here..the climate is just beautiful and how can you help being happy on such a beautiful, warm sunny day like today, although it is winter..perfect for gardening! Have just repotted some old (16 years old) Vireyas, and the buds have burst forth into clusters of bellshaped flowers in yellows, oranges and pinks. My patio area is looking great now! It would be wonderful to meet you next time you pass through! My Dad's family comes from Adelaide and Bruce and I visited there last year for a relative's 80th.
Know that feeling well, Neeterbug! Well there'll always be someone here to listen to you in the middle of the night!
And ozgal, you have had some wild weather down there in the last few weeks! Love your little saying (or whatever it's called) and yours too Neeterbug.
We come up at least once a year and often twice. We're also looking to escape the cold in Adelaide. It was quite cool in ****** at the beginning of August, in the evenings and was glad I took one jumper with me.

Always go to the same place - Oaks Calypso in Coolangatta, love the gardens and it's right on the beach with shops and eateries all around.

Enjoy your wonderful weather, Cold and windy here with rain and 14 today. Love it (not)!!!!

Leanna x

· Registered
312 Posts
Welcome from a very wet North West England. My children laugh when I say I have been up half of night on a knitting forum? They do not understand yes I have knitted for a very long time and have made what they consider to be beautiful, but I have found so much information and so many ideas I would not even have considered. But this site is more than that. Cookery Other nations life style and wording Family problems Jokes, History You name it it is here I am so glad I found it. I feel I an part of a great big wide world

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes, noah, I am finding too that there is so much more here. The meeting of the minds! Do you know that TV show The Voice? Well, this is like The Word!! We get to know the person behind the physical side, by just their word, just as the judges get to know the quality of the singing by just the voice and not the physical side!! You can't even tell that anyone comes from another country unless you read it in the sidebar! And Tea sounds great, but I don't know if I can leave my sunshine and warmth for your cold and rain lol...

· Registered
148 Posts
Hi Jenny, a warm Canadian welcolm from Ontario, Canada. As you are finding out quite quickly, there are friendly, caring, knowledgeable, talented KPers on this forum. I recently joined and this "old dog" is learning new tricks.
I start and end my day with KP. It's great to be able to share with like-minded people who appreciate the work and love we put into our craft. So glad you decided to join!

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Grannybaba said:
Coolangatta isn't far down the road so see you there for a coffee sometime Leanna!
Can't wait to get there again and it's soooo good now they've opened Lincraft at Tweed Mall. I can leave hubby in the spa and just wander!!!

Currently arranging to get to Thailand for the birth of my daughter's baby (by Thai surrogate). It's very exciting and that will be the first trip of next year but come winter, I'm sure we'll grace your shores again. Thanks for the invite.

Will keep you posted.

Leanna x

· Registered
2,701 Posts
Hello Jenny and welcome from Upstate New York (USA). So glad you signed on with us. This forum is definitely global - and I love it. I never dreamed that one day I'd be talking to others all around the world. Welcome and talk to you later.
:)
Happy Knitting too.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom