Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Great idea,
I have greyhounds. All retired from racing. Some broken, some abused. But now all happy and living the Life of Riley!! I am the crazy Granny that makes them pjs to keep them warm during the long cold NE winters. Crocheted Halloween costumes. And bake cookies for them.
They are all so loving and know how lucky they are to be retired and resting on leather sofas and watching TV or lounging in front of the wood stove.
Great idea you had . Now we can brag about our "babe's"
Granny Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
HI Cher, Yes a trainer is a good idea. Dogs are protective of their masters.
But no matter what always be near when the dog and baby are together.
We sometimes forget they are animals. I hate when out walking and someone walks right up to my dog. Do they bite? Dumb question. My answer is Do you see teeth? I am super careful around other people. he is great with me and family, but I would hate for her to bite someone.

But she is my best friend and constant companion for the last 12 1/2 years. Love her dearly.
Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Hey Pepper,
You sure look dapper in your boots and jacket. Guess you need it to stay warm in WI.
I have retired greys and they too need jackets to keep warm.

We are so blessed to have them in our lives. I also enjoy Snowy woof as I near the door. She is part collie got her at 3 days old from a rescue. I adore her. We have been together 12 1/2 years. I love rubbing her soft ears and her eyes as so expressive. AHH we have had a love affair.

Extra dog biscuits to all of our pets today.
Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
That is an awesome pix. I have had that moment also. As I drive out of the driveway, the greys are all watching out of the bay window. I know they all ae hoping I stop at McDonalds and bring then ice cream!! Spoiled? Perhaps a little. McDonalds staff laugh when I tell them I need 9 with out topping for the dogs.

Sad, my Snowy is ebbing much too quickly. I tear up just thinking about it. Not sure how I will handle that" aweful" day.

So now I make her steak or chops, tonight is meatloaf. I want her to know how much I love her and how much I will miss her.

Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
WOW a condo that allows horses.How lucky. HAHA

I wouldn't mind seeing your pets. I hope no one on this site is that thin skinned as to be opposed to "animals" being included. But heck start a new topic' HORSES" and leys see how many other horse lovers are among us.

Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Oh how funny was that! I have been nipped alot also.
And they are so trained. Just tiuch car keys and they line up at the door ready..don't even care where we are going just want to come along. Son in law has pick up w cab. We load them in, small dogs(dashhund, beagle and 3 legged grey) in the back seat. And off we go. We put the ice cream dishes in the cup holders and away they go. Only on birthdays do they get sprinkles.
And if they have to go to the vet, we stop at Wendys for a burger or two. Even our fosters get spoiled. Hard on their forever family to learn the rules.
And I sit for greys when their humans go on vaca. Tons of fun. I request a permission slip from the parent so they can go to the ice cream store ot have a burger. The humans get such a hoot out of that.
Our one grey, Erin the Irish lass can sing opera. She has a pitch that can break glass and she usually leads the afternoon howl. Can be hurtful to ears of guests.

Gotta love them.Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Hi Robbie,
You sure did select a very nice chair for her.
They are the best companion. I agree. And they ask for nothing.

Enjoy your lucky bundle of joy.
Linda and Snowy

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Robbie I agree they are blessing wrapped in fur.
I love her dearly. She has been with me 12 1/2 yrs and our time is comiing to an end I fear sadly.

But I am cherishing every moment I have with her.

Woof from her to yours.
Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Oh Squirrelcat,
I have promised Snowy that I won't allow her to suffer, but I'll keep her with me as long as I can.
Wish you were here to hold my hand.
Thanks Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Thanks,
We had lost our very first precious grey to bone cancer. I took her to the vet for a sprained foot, so I thought. But the xray wasn't kind. And the decision was instant, sad, but she didn't deserve to suffer.
Seems like only yesterday, but it's been years.She was priceless.

Snowy's body will give out long before her love and spirit.

But she will join Sky at the rainbow bridge, where all greys wait for their masters and friends.
Hugs,
Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
OMG, Thank you so much.
I feel blessed to have her, for how ever long it may be now.
Oh how entwined my heart is with hers.

You were so kind to send me that verse. I will cherish it.
Thankyou Linda and Snowy

· Registered
21,268 Posts
Hi Babs,
I'm so sorry about your pup.
It is so heart breaking for the humans.
I thought I was the only bawling baby. I cry just looking into her eyes. She is such a love and companion.

What is she trying to tell me?

Oh well we made it through another day together. And like you, I pray her passing is quiet and peaceful.

God Bless all of you who have offered kind words and prayers. We are all so connected, more than just knitting ladies. We are keeper of hearts.
Linda

· Registered
21,268 Posts
He is priceless. And I bet you can't be happier.
Those fuzzy bundles of love are Angels gifts to us. Does he play? And not to scare you, we had a kitty last week swallow yarn.. BIG problem. So make sure that curious little guy can't get into your yarn.
Have fun and keep us posted on all he learns.
Linda Granny to 7 greyhounds, bassett, dashhund, and my precious old gal a collie mix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom