Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided I would start this thread do that we could see all of everyone's adorable fish hats... I am planning on making a few of my own.
Dead or alive they are all welcome here, as well as any photos of your work or work in progress, questions, and discussion alterations you might have made to the pattern.

For those who don't know what a (dead) fish hat is; http://www.deadfishhat.com/

Alright! Go! Que the showing off, bragging, flaunting, teaching and learning!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Nocturnal said:
Well, I decided I would start this thread do that we could see all of everyone's adorable fish hats... I am planning on making a few of my own.
Dead or alive they are all welcome here, as well as any photos of your work or work in progress, questions, and discussion alterations you might have made to the pattern.

For those who don't know what a (dead) fish hat is; http://www.deadfishhat.com/

Alright! Go! Que the showing off, bragging, flaunting, teaching and learning!
Someone recently posted a picture of an 'ugly' dead fish hat. I loved it and immediately dug out some bits of various variegated yarns and have one about half done. I think kids will love the 'crazy quilt' look to it-at least I hope so.
Will post a picture when it is finished. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, yes I see a few of them! You both have made some really nice hats!

I am planning on using some caron simply soft and some RHSS... What size needle should I use?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Oh yes. I have lost track of how many fish hats I have made. I think it was 6 or 8 of the regular ones and definately 6 of Nemo. Some want the dead eyes - some want the googly eyes and I prefer to crochet the eyes. My oldest great GS reminded me that Nemo has one small fin. So from that day on I made one smaller fin on the right side.

·
Registered
293 Posts
They are all lovely. I just made one and sent it to my 9 yr old grandson who loves it and now his 7 yr old sister wants one too but in girly colors.

My question was that both on Revelry and Knitty they have a different tail than the author's original. I did get in touch with her and she was nice enough to get back to me and told me she had the original on her web site. She said they tried to simplify it on their pattern.

So, for those wondering too, about the different tails, that is the story.

Ingrid

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom