Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you following this project...I have an update. I'm down the the final 300 yards of yarn...and have finally decided on a recipient of this "labor of love". My Aunt Lucy (godmother) and wife on my mother's only surviving sibling went wild when I sent her a photo of the item (in progress). Aunt Lucy has always been there for me. I'd decided I'd send it to her...then a cousin of mine talked me into flying "back home" for a quick Christmas...so we are now planing this clandestine visit! The entire purpose of which is to deliver this "cape". Aunt Lucy and Uncle Ed were always there for me as a child. I'm now in my mid 50's and yes they are still a huge support for me. I'm just "giddy" about this special item..and the special recipient. As a side note..the first item I ever knit in my life was for my cousin Anne...Aunt Lucy's first born daughter..how appropriate that this item go to Aunt Lu! I PROMISE I will post pictures of the cape when it is done..the last button sewn in place and thank you all for the encouragement on this item! *sniff*

·
Registered
52 Posts
Way to go! Can't wait to see the pics of the work when you get it finished. I realize what a labor of love it must be and how very special to find just the right recipient. ~ lp

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm sure it will be an extra special Christmas for Aunt Lucy and you as well : )

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So exciting!
Guess I missed what you have showed so far.
Good luck and way to go girl!
Sounds like second best present you could give your Aunt, the first will be yourself for Christmas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom