Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you have been watching the programme The Hairy Dieters where Si and Dave have devised recipes to help with loosing weight. They have each lost almost 3stone in weight. I have just purchased the book for my iPad. I have lost 1stone since we started our weigh ins but I need a change of meals now to progress. There is a waiting list on Internet sites and W H Smith and supermarkets are sold out at the moment. I know there is a spin off in America of the original BBC series, maybe they could go on a diet too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I have been watching them and they have done well, the book is a best seller here, and its knocked 50 shades of grey off top spot, ( I wouldn't read that anyway ) how long as it taken you to lose a stone, I need to lose at least 2 stone.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
annygranny said:
I have been watching them and they have done well, the book is a best seller here, and its knocked 50 shades of grey off top spot, ( I wouldn't read that anyway ) how long as it taken you to lose a stone, I need to lose at least 2 stone.
I signed on to the Nutracheck site 2 months ago. Both my hips and knees are shot but my doctor, although I had X-rays 3years ago to confirm this, wont refer me until I lose weight. She said as I have hypertension as well they won't do them until I get my weight down. Not easy when you can't exercise. I have cut down on my food intake for a very long time and my weight just kept going up. She referred me to a lifestyle advisor through the NHS who recommended Nutracheck. I also see her every 2 weeks. I get this free for 3 months through the NHS code she gave me but you get 2weeks free if you join yourself. They count all the calories for you and work out your daily calories according to your weight and height. I am now eating far more than I ate before, apparently I wasn't eating enough and my body was going into starvation mode and hanging on to all I had to eat. 3 good meals a day and 2 snacks now. My daughter and husband have just joined as they want to lose a stone. Have a look it's easy to do.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
will certainly go and have a look. I don't eat a lot but seemed to have piled on the lbs, I never have a huge meal, thats probably where I am going wrong as well.I saw a dietician at the dr's who gave me a diet sheet, but on the list was pork pies can you believe that she knew I was a vegetarian then she was stumped and couldn't wait to get rid of me.
thank you so much.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
annygranny said:
will certainly go and have a look. I don't eat a lot but seemed to have piled on the lbs, I never have a huge meal, thats probably where I am going wrong as well.I saw a dietician at the dr's who gave me a diet sheet, but on the list was pork pies can you believe that she knew I was a vegetarian then she was stumped and couldn't wait to get rid of me.
thank you so much.
It was my doctor who had told me to eat less and when I told her what the lifestyle advisor had said that i didn't eat enough she said well give it a try then, but didn't seem convinced. On the nutracheck site there are nutritionalists that you can ask for advice which I have done on a couple of occasions and they email you straight back.
Go back to your GP and ask to be referred to a Lifestyle advisor.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
christine 47 said:
annygranny said:
will certainly go and have a look. I don't eat a lot but seemed to have piled on the lbs, I never have a huge meal, thats probably where I am going wrong as well.I saw a dietician at the dr's who gave me a diet sheet, but on the list was pork pies can you believe that she knew I was a vegetarian then she was stumped and couldn't wait to get rid of me.
thank you so much.
It was my doctor who had told me to eat less and when I told her what the lifestyle advisor had said that i didn't eat enough she said well give it a try then, but didn't seem convinced. On the nutracheck site there are nutritionalists that you can ask for advice which I have done on a couple of occasions and they email you straight back.
Go back to your GP and ask to be referred to a Lifestyle advisor.
I will do that.
thank you.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,908 Posts
christine 47 said:
annygranny said:
I have been watching them and they have done well, the book is a best seller here, and its knocked 50 shades of grey off top spot, ( I wouldn't read that anyway ) how long as it taken you to lose a stone, I need to lose at least 2 stone.
I signed on to the Nutracheck site 2 months ago. Both my hips and knees are shot but my doctor, although I had X-rays 3years ago to confirm this, wont refer me until I lose weight. She said as I have hypertension as well they won't do them until I get my weight down. Not easy when you can't exercise. I have cut down on my food intake for a very long time and my weight just kept going up. She referred me to a lifestyle advisor through the NHS who recommended Nutracheck. I also see her every 2 weeks. I get this free for 3 months through the NHS code she gave me but you get 2weeks free if you join yourself. They count all the calories for you and work out your daily calories according to your weight and height. I am now eating far more than I ate before, apparently I wasn't eating enough and my body was going into starvation mode and hanging on to all I had to eat. 3 good meals a day and 2 snacks now. My daughter and husband have just joined as they want to lose a stone. Have a look it's easy to do.
good Day to you!
I am a rehab nurse and have purchased or recommended these to my clients that can't walk or have difficulty walking. The mini exercise bike is relatively inexpensive and you can put it right on the table in front of you and get aerobic exercise using your arms! As your weight decreases you can use it for your legs as you sit and knit! Just make sure you don't crank the screw down too tight-that will help your knees and keep the circulation going in your legs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stationary-Bike-Bicycle-Mini-Exercise-Peddler-Pedaler-/200567160800?pt=Exercise_Fitness_Cardio&hash=item2eb2bbffe0#ht_933wt_1245
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stablebummom said:
christine 47 said:
annygranny said:
I have been watching them and they have done well, the book is a best seller here, and its knocked 50 shades of grey off top spot, ( I wouldn't read that anyway ) how long as it taken you to lose a stone, I need to lose at least 2 stone.
I signed on to the Nutracheck site 2 months ago. Both my hips and knees are shot but my doctor, although I had X-rays 3years ago to confirm this, wont refer me until I lose weight. She said as I have hypertension as well they won't do them until I get my weight down. Not easy when you can't exercise. I have cut down on my food intake for a very long time and my weight just kept going up. She referred me to a lifestyle advisor through the NHS who recommended Nutracheck. I also see her every 2 weeks. I get this free for 3 months through the NHS code she gave me but you get 2weeks free if you join yourself. They count all the calories for you and work out your daily calories according to your weight and height. I am now eating far more than I ate before, apparently I wasn't eating enough and my body was going into starvation mode and hanging on to all I had to eat. 3 good meals a day and 2 snacks now. My daughter and husband have just joined as they want to lose a stone. Have a look it's easy to do.
good Day to you!
I am a rehab nurse and have purchased or recommended these to my clients that can't walk or have difficulty walking. The mini exercise bike is relatively inexpensive and you can put it right on the table in front of you and get aerobic exercise using your arms! As your weight decreases you can use it for your legs as you sit and knit! Just make sure you don't crank the screw down too tight-that will help your knees and keep the circulation going in your legs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stationary-Bike-Bicycle-Mini-Exercise-Peddler-Pedaler-/200567160800?pt=Exercise_Fitness_Cardio&hash=item2eb2bbffe0#ht_933wt_1245
I have an exercise bike but can't use it for the same length of time as I used to. They wanted me to try to do 15mins at first but I said I can't do that but I can do 5mins three times a day. Now I have increased that to 7mins three times a day after my main meals.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
25,149 Posts
About 2 t0 3 years ago, I bought a circulation Booster,Use it for a short time then forgot about it,Started using it in the spring and have trouble with my knee ever since,After sitting at the computer, when I stand up my knee is really painfull, its also bad first thing in the morning,I havent any trouble when walking,It only when My knee is bent for a time,
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mary Cardiff said:
About 2 t0 3 years ago, I bought a circulation Booster,Use it for a short time then forgot about it,Started using it in the spring and have trouble with my knee ever since,After sitting at the computer, when I stand up my knee is really painfull, its also bad first thing in the morning,I havent any trouble when walking,It only when My knee is bent for a time,
They used to be advertised on tv a lot but I haven't seen them for a long while.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
I have found something that REALLY works at getting the weight off. It's a nutritional program called "The 400 Calorie Fix". Basically you have 4 400 calorie meals per day. I lost 37 lbs in about 6 weeks. Due to back problems, arthritis in my knees, and traumatic brain injury that left me with poor balance, I can't exercise much either. But it worked anyway. You can probably find the book on Alibris.com or you may be able to find something else by just typing in "400 calorie fix". I would recommend it to anyone.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
I'm Glad they are losing weight! We get some of their programmes here on the Food channel, older ones of course. At the moment, the trailer for the programme shows the two of them stripped down to their swimming trunks, flesh dripping everywhere - complete with knitted "thing" hanging off the front - We really shouldn't have to look at that!
Apart from that, I do love their shows
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom