Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to knitting too, actually revisiting it. I used to knit years ago and my mom was an avid knitter. She offered me all of her knitting supplies a year ago because macular degeneration and arthritis took her hobby away. At that time I said I really wasn't interested , being an avid quilter. But Never say never.. I wish I had all her needles and stitch holders etc. now, because I just took this up in the last month.
I am amazed at what you can find on the web. I am confused by some of the pattern abbreviations, there is a list of them on the net.... but I googled the exact phrase I was confused about and up came quite a few links explaining it., even a video on you tube demonstrating it. Also all the free patterns, and the possibility of starting a yarn stash to equal my fabric stash is exciting to me.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,331 Posts
Welcome to a new (and more portable!) obsession!
I've been knitting since 1954, but I delight in all the new sources of knitting information that abound online. I've learned so much more since getting online in the late 90's! It is indeed a wonderful 'freesource'!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom