Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the pattern on this site and just loved it.

I knitted mine of mohair from my stash
......it was a very thin strand,
no label on the yarn. Used sz. 6 needles....looking back, probably should have used a larger sized needle.

Well, mine turned out to be very very ruffled and after so much work, (and it really was a lot of work ) I do not want to trash it. Just wondering if there is a way that I can "settle down" these ruffles. I am so disappointed in my results. It really is not wearable in this condition .... except it probably could be used at Halloween with a clown costume, would prefer not to. I am bummed out. If I knew how to send a picture, I would.

Please help me. :(

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-34366-1.html
Is this what you were making?

I'm sorry your not happy with your finished scarf. Without a picture it may be hard to offer help.

Is the fabric of knitting soft and drappy or stiff? If it's stiff, you probably did need a larger needle size.

From the long edge out to the end of the ruffle, how many inches are your ruffles? maybe they need to be longer?

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
If it's the "hot pink ruffle scarf" pattern, I knitted one several months ago and have yet to wear it. I put it on this morning with a plain black sweater and felt like an exhibitionist - it is just SO BIG and RUFFLY. So I took it off and don't know what I will do. It's really quite beautiful on my dress manniquin, so I just might display it there forever.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soneka,

yes, it is that same scarf.

that is how mine is.....I think the yarn that they used
was maybe silk...and very thin, because it lays very nicely.

It is beautiful on the pattern site.

Oh well, I cannot frog it...will just chalk it up to experience. :XD:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom