Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been knitting off and on since childhood. My skills are average. I recently saw someone knitting an afghan inquired as to what the stitch was and she said the "rose" stitch. Can someone provide the "how to" make the rose stitch. Avoid too many abbreviations please. Many thanks!

· Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( When surfing, you may have to further define the particular rose she uses:

'Briar', 'rambling', 'cabbage', 'rose of sharon', 'tea rose', etc.

Can you describe the rose?
~~~~~~

knittingpatterncentral.com has advanced knit stitches, too.
~~~~
quote=PKnit]I've been knitting off and on since childhood. My skills are average. I recently saw someone knitting an afghan inquired as to what the stitch was and she said the "rose" stitch. Can someone provide the "how to" make the rose stitch. Avoid too many abbreviations please. Many thanks![/quote]

· Registered
10,064 Posts
PKnit said:
I've been knitting off and on since childhood. My skills are average. I recently saw someone knitting an afghan inquired as to what the stitch was and she said the "rose" stitch. Can someone provide the "how to" make the rose stitch. Avoid too many abbreviations please. Many thanks!
Knitting Stitch Patterns
Rose Stitch

Very simple and easy to remember repeats. It provides nice texture with strong diagonal lines.
It's not as difficult as it seems to knit in the stitch in the row below. Literally insert your needle into the center of the st in the row below the next st on the left needle, then knit as normal. You do not knit the next st on the left needle; when you complete the st in the row below instead, it is simply removed when completed. Try it!

Multiple of 2 + 1
Row 1: k2, *p1, k1; rep from *, end k1
Row 2 (RS): k1, *k1 in st in row below, k1; rep from *
Row 3: k1, *p1, k1; rep from *
Row 4: k2, *k1 in st in row below, k1; rep from *, end k1

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

this came from site above... bookmark when you get there... they explain hundreds of sts.... if you go there now you will see a pic of the st.... i especially like this site as they have sorted new sts by the type of base sts you need to make them...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Knitter -- some kind soul provided the stitch instructions and a website picture. It is basically all knitting (no purl); starts with a k1 and with the next st you knit in the stitch below and end with a knit st. It forms diagonal ridges across the piece. Like "X's". It is not a flower. Thank you so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom