Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It actually was a dream but I really like it.

I was in charge of large qualities of new yarn. My job was to feel and come up with the color names for each yarn.

I think I was the Quality Assurance Director.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
I used to work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and there was a guy whose JOB it was to come up with and name the color for the entrance-fee button of the day. Each day they used a different color. He named them very creatively, e.g., Elysium, Ambrosia, etc. This was not a dream, it was real. So dream on!

· Registered
180 Posts
I did have my dream job gor 12 years. I worked at a reptile rescue dealing with all kinds of exotic animals from lizards and snakes to marmosets. Unfortunately due to needing a better wage I had to move on, but I still miss it everday.

· Registered
499 Posts
Sometimes it's fun to read the names on the nailpolish bottles while I'm waiting for my turn at the salon. My favorites have been "Strike a pose Rose" and "Kartoom Khaki", although "Absolutely Mauvelous" was cute as well. Where do you get a job like this?

· Registered
298 Posts
GQR999 said:
I used to work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and there was a guy whose JOB it was to come up with and name the color for the entrance-fee button of the day. Each day they used a different color. He named them very creatively, e.g., Elysium, Ambrosia, etc. This was not a dream, it was real. So dream on!
You got to work at MOMA. Sounds like a very dreamy job.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
It WAS dreamy. Now I have moved from NY to FL but I still remember those days so fondly... sigh.
nozizweoriginals said:
GQR999 said:

· Registered
7,628 Posts
GQR999 said:
It WAS dreamy. Now I have moved from NY to FL but I still remember those days so fondly... sigh.
nozizweoriginals said:
GQR999 said:
Wow!! That meant that you could have viewed Van Gogh's "Starry Night" every day!! (Among other great art masterpieces, of course).

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Metropolitan Museum Of Art! I was first introduced to it by an aunt in 1942 and it became my dream to get myself locked in after hours so I could roam all night. The first thing we saw was the statue of David and my Aunt Milly said," You won't tell your Mother about that, will you." It was a rare treat to go back every few years. Now my grand daughter is working in the art field and hopes to become a querator( SP mind has gone blank) someday. Edith

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom