Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure had trouble doing this jacket for my friend. She wanted me to stop doing it. I wasn't letting it beat me! First time I ripped the amount showing, which was to the armholes, (2nd go I have left).
First time, edges were not straight - started rows wrongly. And not wide enough. 2nd one, still not wide enough. Plus, the silky yarn was a nightmare - it tangled very easily. And even though I had made this in wool several years ago, I had trouble with shaping the top and armholes. Even took a sleeve out of old one to see what I was doing wrong. That didn't help either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Looks terrific! I admire your persistence.
GladOak said:
I sure had trouble doing this jacket for my friend. She wanted me to stop doing it. I wasn't letting it beat me! First time I ripped the amount showing, which was to the armholes, (2nd go I have left).
First time, edges were not straight - started rows wrongly. And not wide enough. 2nd one, still not wide enough. Plus, the silky yarn was a nightmare - it tangled very easily. And even though I had made this in wool several years ago, I had trouble with shaping the top and armholes. Even took a sleeve out of old one to see what I was doing wrong. That didn't help either.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Never give up, NEVER. See what happens when we take the time to look at a mistake and then find out how that happened. You end up being able to do just about anything.
Great Work. I love your model she looks very happy to have such a wonderful work of art, just for her..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies for kind remarks.
It is through looking for a pattern to do that I found Knitting Paradise.
I am now losing my beauty sleep through it. Hahaha. Knitting
Paradise letter arrives just after 9pm, and I HAVE to read and look
at everything.
The yarn I used was Moda Vera Romantic. 75% viscose 25%
metallic. Not that I will buy it again. Bought at Spotlight here in
Australia.

·
Registered
40,974 Posts
It can out beautiful. You should be proud of finishing something you had so much trouble with and the end result was great! Your friend looks happy in it, too. Really nice!
Edie (EdithAnn)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
How very beautiful! I'm having trouble with something and frustrated to the point of giving up, but you've really encouraged me. I guess I will keep on trying. That German bullheadedness really comes thru sometimes. BTW, could we have the pattern, please?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom