Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this in Nov of 2007. My one and only Fair Isle sweater.
It is an Alice Starmore pattern and NO I can not give it to you as it is a copywritten pattern. And I respect the designer.
But the sweater glows and I think it was one of her best designs.
Please don't let that old model scare you. :lol:
Mary

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clogden21 said:
That is a beautiful site, lots of eye candy

but the link as written did not work

http://www.virtualyarns.com/scripts/showitem.asp

I had to remove the excess info
http://www.virtualyarns.com then I found it under her page.

Thank you for sharing it was lovely to look at.
Sorry about the link. :oops:
I know that she (A.S.), has it listed under the classics down near the bottom of the main page.
The sweater is very warm. I will wear it more during the spring to go out shopping. I would do about 2 rows a day on it. That is how I kept it moving on the needles. Then I would say to self, "Two more rows closer to being done". You know seeing the glass half full. :D
Mary

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow! Beautiful! I don't think I have enough patience for something like this yet but I hope to someday and this keeps me inspired. Thanks so much for sharing with us and the model looks pretty beautiful too as well as very proud and happy!
Carol L.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What a lovely sweater! I've always wanted to try my hand at a Fair Isle knit sweater for myself, but have always been nervous to try--looks complicated and a lot of work but I'm sure worth the effort! Great job--and thank you so much for the mpicture!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind words.
In life we must always set goals to attain them. I did about 6 months research on what Fair Isle sweater would be the one for me. It was an undertaking. I like doing smaller things for the quick gratification. But sometimes you just have to make your mind up that "Yes this is what I am going for". And If I have inspired anyone here to take the leap and try something new and challenging; then the post was worth it. Keep in mind that it is only 2 stitches but OH what we can do with it. Happy knitting

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would love to do a Fair Isle sweater, but its not the knitting of it that puts me off - its choosing the colors! This might be one I'd have to get a kit...let someone else do the choosing.

Gorgeous!

·
Registered
532 Posts
beautiful...I envy anyone who can do fair isle knitting, and your's is on your whole sweater, not just the yoke. I can knit about anything, but just can't get myself to do that carrying the yarn behind. I really make a mess of it, no matter how many show,etc. I watch about it. You can really be proud of it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom