Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 grandchildren. They are now ages 12, 12, 10, 9, and 7. I knitted baby blankets for each and every one of them. And each "loved" their blankets more than I've ever seen children attached to a blanket. Jack is the oldest. He still has his blanket which I believe he keeps hidden under his beds for those moments that he "needs it" I thought you'd like to see the condition its in. Honest it once was beautiful. This is what love looks like. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Awww! That is definitely loved! When I knit baby blankets I also make a smaller face-towel sized mini-blanket in the same pattern so they can use that as their travel blankie. Several mothers have mentioned how the kids like to keep that one after they don't need the big one - handy to put in backpacks for sleepovers, etc.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
jumbleburt said:
Awww! That is definitely loved! When I knit baby blankets I also make a smaller face-towel sized mini-blanket in the same pattern so they can use that as their travel blankie. Several mothers have mentioned how the kids like to keep that one after they don't need the big one - handy to put in backpacks for sleepovers, etc.
That is a wonderful idea!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
sam0767 said:
jumbleburt said:
That is a wonderful idea!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Oh by the way...it is most diffently love through the years. It must make you feel good about the condition it is in just knowing it was his favorite.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It most certainly is! And they are blessed and loved by you every time they pick it up, knowing how much love you put into it by making it for them.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
So funny and so true. My DD has mended and mended and mended a blanket done for her BFF's son. I also know that my 16 yr. old GD stll has blankie tucked under the pillow. I'm going to add that little mini the next time I do one for someone.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last year I made a crib blanket for my GD and she slept on top of it. Since the beginning of summer, with the hot weather, she is using her identical car seat one that I had made. It's made from Bernat "Pipsqueak" yarn and is sooooo super soft. He squishes it and likes to rub it up against her cheeks when she goes to sleep. I think she can feel all the love and hugs that went into making it.All Grammas
fill their handmade sweaters, toys, blankies, etc. with overflowing love.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a great idea!!! I tried to get Jack to give me the blanket so that I could do something with it as a momento but he would not part with it.
cathepm said:
It's still beautiful! Now it has more personality! We've put loved pieces into new pillows or laid them inside bigger comforters, tying them into place. Then we have a 'secret' that no one else knows but us.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
pfarley4106 said:
I have 5 grandchildren. They are now ages 12, 12, 10, 9, and 7. I knitted baby blankets for each and every one of them. And each "loved" their blankets more than I've ever seen children attached to a blanket. Jack is the oldest. He still has his blanket which I believe he keeps hidden under his beds for those moments that he "needs it" I thought you'd like to see the condition its in. Honest it once was beautiful. This is what love looks like. :lol:
Amen :thumbup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think it's beautiful that your GC are enjoying your lovely knitting, I love to knit but only one of my GC can where wool, the other three don't like wool against there skin so I learned to accept this and I just knit for everyone else I come across, you are blessed and you are a blessing to your family, thank you for sharing this treasure with us, kind regards busy bee aussie

·
Registered
684 Posts
My son had a blanket that he loved just like that, I still have it hidden away. I also love to see soft toys that have lost most of their stuffing and have bare patches, and children's book that have been read and read and end up plastered with selotape to keep them together. That's how children things should be.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
My mom made each of my kids a blanket when they were born. Each one LOVED theirs. So much so with the oldest girl I took to the sewing machine to make sturdy repairs that held for years and didn't look too bad...

·
Registered
167 Posts
My grandson is reading his daddy's childhood well stuck together books and playing with his uncle's teddy. With only one eye, a squint nose, and a hole in the tummy, it's not allowed in the bed beside him but he will read stories and put him in the doll's cot with the dolls - but definitely not in his bed! His baby blanket is well worn, tatty - and well cuddled! But heI made one for his house and one for our house and settles quite happily with either. His dad had a blanket too - until the remaining part of it finally fell apart when he was 14! He said it was essential that his son had one, as part of his security! However, I would also suggest knitting two - I couldn't get him to part with his for washing and, when I did, I had to put the clean one in beside the grubby one the night before - so that it "smelled" right!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom