Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the tutorial for this design ( by 'Oxana Crafts' ... her wirewrapping videos have been so helpful and inspiring to me) so I thought I'd try it!

It looked fairly simple, but it turned out to be the trickiest piece I've ever tried... and she made it look so easy!

I was using sterling silver wire... which isn't cheap, so I was determined to keep going.... and so after lots of sighing, and a little bit of swearing... I eventually got there!

If anyone wants to try wirewrapping, she does some good beginners tutorials ...
https://www.youtube.com/c/OxanaCrafts

This is a carved blue flashy labradorite 'leaf' cabochon wrapped with 925 sterling silver wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
bethshangirl said:
I saw the tutorial for this design ( by 'Oxana Crafts' ... her wirewrapping videos have been so helpful and inspiring to me) so I thought I'd try it!

It looked fairly simple, but it turned out to be the trickiest piece I've ever tried... and she made it look so easy!

I was using sterling silver wire... which isn't cheap, so I was determined to keep going.... and so after lots of sighing, and a little bit of swearing... I eventually got there!

Hello Hillary, I rec'd my beautiful ear rings. thank u. rosemarie
This is a carved blue flashy labradorite 'leaf' cabochon wrapped with 925 sterling silver wire.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KTDID49 said:
It is so beautiful! Your pieces are wonderful! Wish I had the money to purchase this one.
Thank you KTDID49! I do my best to keep the prices of my work down, but the price of silver has gone way up this year!
I spend hours looking for interesting stones! This one took me longer than usual!
but a good test of patience. x

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
bethshangirl said:

This is beyond beautiful. The stone is gorgeous and the wrapping is perfect.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom