Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely ever knit anything for myself (Dh has at least 15 hand-knit sweaters and 20 pairs of socks) and I don't often see something flattering to a short fat person, but I did design and knit this cardigan for myself. It had various stitch patterns including lace, cables, and tuck stitches. I wore it half a dozen times and DH, a non reader of care labels or seeker of information, on one of his rare, guilty domestic spurts picked up my cardigan and threw it in the washing machine with two of my white tops and some light underwear. I now have grey tops and underwear and a felted cardigan that will fit a pygmy. It's 20 inches around and misshapen! I was too mad even to get mad! His apology was to joke about it! I haven't got over the plotting revenge state yet :mad::mad::mad:
Textile Sleeve Grey Creative arts Aqua

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well…it is said, “Don’t get mad, get even”. Hang the cardigan on a hanger where it can be seen as a reminder to check with you before another domestic spurt strikes him! 😄 Seriously, your cardigan is/was lovely and I am so sorry that it got ruined. The very first pair of socks I knitted got felted and I keep them anyway because I was so proud of them! Someone told me to give them away and I just can’t🥴

·
Registered
620 Posts
I rarely ever knit anything for myself (Dh has at least 15 hand-knit sweaters and 20 pairs of socks) and I don't often see something flattering to a short fat person, but I did design and knit this cardigan for myself. It had various stitch patterns including lace, cables, and tuck stitches. I wore it half a dozen times and DH, a non reader of care labels or seeker of information, on one of his rare, guilty domestic spurts picked up my cardigan and threw it in the washing machine with two of my white tops and some light underwear. I now have grey tops and underwear and a felted cardigan that will fit a pygmy. It's 20 inches around and misshapen! I was too mad even to get mad! His apology was to joke about it! I haven't got over the plotting revenge state yet :mad::mad::mad: View attachment 1240369
I rarely ever knit anything for myself (Dh has at least 15 hand-knit sweaters and 20 pairs of socks) and I don't often see something flattering to a short fat person, but I did design and knit this cardigan for myself. It had various stitch patterns including lace, cables, and tuck stitches. I wore it half a dozen times and DH, a non reader of care labels or seeker of information, on one of his rare, guilty domestic spurts picked up my cardigan and threw it in the washing machine with two of my white tops and some light underwear. I now have grey tops and underwear and a felted cardigan that will fit a pygmy. It's 20 inches around and misshapen! I was too mad even to get mad! His apology was to joke about it! I haven't got over the plotting revenge state yet :mad::mad::mad: View attachment 1240369
That sweater has so much that I love —- color, texture, pattern, detail. I am so sorry this happened. Look at those sleeves! To think it bothered me that my husband didn’t know how to start my washer. It would never have occurred to him.

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
Seen similar before. I gave an aunt a gorgeous pure wool red suit and you guessed it: her husband put it in the washer AND the dryer. Needless to say it was "Barbie doll" sized when it was done. She was more than a tad angry. I would definitely plot my revenge for your hubby's misdeed. Maybe a weekend away by yourself, paid for by him, some new yarn similar to what you used and no more knitted items for him, that's for sure. Good luck. jberg

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can accept that this was an honest mistake on his part! However, his apology is to joke about it is completely unacceptable!!! :mad::mad::mad::devilish::devilish::devilish:
Erm,...it's not a first offense! The litany is long and my swear words are even longer!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top Bottom