Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am gutted for you! The sweater looks like it was gorgeous. Perhaps you can salvage and repurpose it into a pillow? My own DH has also felted one of my creations in a similar manner however not nearly as devastating for me as it was just a scarf. He still has the limp but I let him live.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
R E V E N G E.....OOPS!....I put a RED towel in with YOUR "white" UNDERWEAR. It'll eventually wash out to a soft pink.
My sentiments exactly. My mom used to tell me "two wrongs don't make a right". However, I still would be very tempted to give him pink underwear, only because he joked about it and needs to be taught a lesson.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Have you tried soaking it in a baby shampoo solution? Supposedly that will put the lanolin back into the wool and it will go back (with a little persuasion) to its original size. It is worth a try.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Did he say “I was only trying to help”?

·
Super Moderator
82,409 Posts
make mittens from it. It is beautiful!
And here’s how: GUEST TUTORIAL: Felted Sweater Mittens (with printable pattern!)
Depending on available acreage and desired mitten size(s), you may be able to make a few pairs.
In my laundry area, there’s a bag with an accidentally shrunken wool vest and a terminally shrunken olive-drab scarf that my father received from the Red Cross during WWII. The plan is to make mittens from them … someday. 🫤

·
Registered
38,365 Posts
My brother in law bought a very expensive Italian wool cardigan to take on his honeymoon.....when they went back home the bride soaked it in boiling water......it came out fit for a teddy bear!... she never learned how to cook either.LOL

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
My brother in law bought a very expensive Italian wool cardigan to take on his honeymoon.....when they went back home the bride soaked it in boiling water......it came out fit for a teddy bear!... she never learned how to cook either.LOL
My son was like that as a teenager. I remember sending him back into the kitchen five times before he brought me a decent cup of tea. It took him a couple of years to realise that it was much easier to do it right the first time. Silly boy for ever thinking "I can't do it" was a reasonable excuse!

·
Registered
15,494 Posts
Send him a bill for xxx hours of housework/chores (time it took to make the sweater) and xxx dollars the cost of the yarn. You’ll never collect, but it might dawn on him why you are upset and why joking about it is NOT funny.

We have a rule in our house, he can do his laundry and any household items, but he is not “allowed” to wash my clothes without checking with me first. Early in our relationship, I realized all his clothes were mid range brown, green, blue or grey. All his clothes could be washed together without incident. He had never had to deal with bright colors or bright whites until he had my clothes to deal with. He still checks, and only rarely do I need to rescue anything.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Top Bottom